GDT: NHL Draft Lottery NBCSN or NHL Network, 7 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Thought I would make a GDT for the Draft Lottery.

22nhldraft-print-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Personally I think the lottery itself is a great idea. I dislike the idea of when the season ends, everyone knows their draft position based on how bad they performed that season. Of course, the idea of discouraging ranking is good as well and it’s probably the closest we can get to that but still not perfect. I enjoy the process but wish they kept it as the top 3 spots being available.

I have my fingers crossed for a top 6 pick, and if that happens I won’t be disappointed :D

Reactions: devilsblood

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Ahh, I just realized I won't be able to follow this as I'll be on the water at 6, can't complain about that though :)

I do kind of hope we win, even if there isn't a Wright or Bedard this year. It will still be funny to see people so chapped that we won the lottery 3 times in 5 years, and it won't limit potential wins in the future either.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
As always, expect nothing and you can't be disappointed.

Being at #6 wouldn't be end of the world when you have your pick of Power, Hughes, Beniers, Edvinsson, Eklund and Clarke in that range. I can be reasonably excited about any of those guys becoming a Devil, so I'll be pleased regardless.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
As always, expect nothing and you can't be disappointed.

Being at #6 wouldn't be end of the world when you have your pick of Power, Hughes, Beniers, Edvinsson, Eklund and Clarke in that range. I can be reasonably excited about any of those guys becoming a Devil, so I'll be pleased regardless.

I agree, I think we're lucky in that there's not too much drop between 1 and 6. That said I think the issue for me if we pick 6th is, who is behind us that is vaulting in front of us? If its Philly or NY I might just have to walk away for a bit.

Reactions: nugg and NJDevs26

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
2021 NHL Mock Draft | 2021 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

So this is a site that I usually just check out every so often to see where they rank players since I don't get to watch prospects very much. Right now, they have us taking Edvinsson assuming were are still at #4.

I checked out @StevenToddIves ranking thread and saw he was ranked fairly lower than that, so figured I'd send out the bat signal to ask him what he thinks of him at #4 assuming that was how it played out and why he had him around the 15-20 area.

At least the draft discussion will start to ramp up soon to give us something exciting to talk about. :)

Reactions: StevenToddIves

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Ahh, I just realized I won't be able to follow this as I'll be on the water at 6, can't complain about that though :)

I do kind of hope we win, even if there isn't a Wright or Bedard this year. It will still be funny to see people so chapped that we won the lottery 3 times in 5 years, and it won't limit potential wins in the future either.
We’ll send smoke signals for you

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
We are going to get the first pick, and then buffalo is going to cry and beg us and overpay for us to trade for the pick. And we can still draft Hughes/Clarke ect. Book it :naughty::laugh::laugh:

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
2021 NHL Mock Draft | 2021 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

So this is a site that I usually just check out every so often to see where they rank players since I don't get to watch prospects very much. Right now, they have us taking Edvinsson assuming were are still at #4.

I checked out @StevenToddIves ranking thread and saw he was ranked fairly lower than that, so figured I'd send out the bat signal to ask him what he thinks of him at #4 assuming that was how it played out and why he had him around the 15-20 area.

At least the draft discussion will start to ramp up soon to give us something exciting to talk about. :)

I think it's very unlikely that we draft Edvinsson at #4. Assuming Power and Beniers go #1 and #2, that would mean we're passing on Brandt Clarke or Luke Hughes which would just be insane.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Out of all the recent drafts over the year, this is one where you wouldn't seem that crazy to say you don't want to win 1st overall.... Sure draft as high as possible, top 3-5. But the pressure and chance of being "wrong" with your pick is higher than it has been in a loooooong time. I feel like the "redrafts" of this one in a few years is going to very interesting.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
FEATURE: Top-10 NHL Draft Prospects
Posted by the devils with where they project players to go
Power(1)
Beniers(2-4)
Guenther(2-5)
Edvinsson((3-5)
Hughes(3-6)
Clarke(3-7)
Eklund(top 10)
Mctavish(top 10)
Johnson(top 10)
Sillinger(top 10)

Honourable mentions: Lucius and Lysell

Some interesting comments in the scouting reports too

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Some important information for new posters/viewers here:
The first 80% of the show is just highlights. They do the drawing at the end. If all you care about is the pick itself, tune in at around 7:25pm.

Reactions: nugg and Darkauron

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Some important information for new posters/viewers here:
The first 80% of the show is just highlights. They do the drawing at the end. If all you care about is the pick itself, tune in at around 7:25pm.

Or just do what I do: Check Twitter every 5 or 10 minutes to see what happened and watch something actually entertaining in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad