Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The Athletic’s mock draft, has Habs trading down with Calgary and taking Iginla at 8 overall.
That is about as clueless a mock draft write up as I've ever seen...

If any sport writer took the time to consider the organization & GM, they'd know the odds of the Flames trading up to bypass Iginla is about as good as the odds were for the Rangers to win the draft lottery tonight...

ESPN hockey articles are usually the worst as far as informed takes... but this athletic writer sets a new low bar

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I don't think we want Eiserman.

From what see, and hear and read, he's a one trick pony.... amazing shot.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
That is about as clueless a mock draft write up as I've ever seen...

If any sport writer took the time to consider the organization & GM, they'd know the odds of the Flames trading up to bypass Iginla is about as good as the odds were for the Rangers to win the draft lottery tonight...

ESPN hockey articles are usually the worst as far as informed takes... but this athletic writer sets a new low bar
It’s not a single writer - it’s each teams writer

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Who projects him to be this?
Kent Hughes said this on draft day

Top 5 is where you want to be. Jagr was 5th, Price was 5th, Yzerman was 4th. It’s not as good as number one but in a good draft you can get superstars in the top five.

I think we get a player Dach was projected to be, which is fine. I don't see a superstar, but a fine addition to the team at 5

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don't think we want Eiserman.

From what see, and hear and read, he's a one trick pony.... amazing shot.
There’s no doubt in my mind he’s high on HuGo, MSL, Bobrovsky & Billy Boy’s radars - they will know every little detail about him and the fact he’s going to BU to play for Pandolfo is another bonus.

Bigger version of Caufield from other side

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Hawk's forwards:

Bedard 5'10
Reichel 6'0
Nazar 5'10
Moore 5'11
Demidov 5'11?

I understand the Demidov appeal, but if you have a chance to get a #1 D instead of having one of the smallest top 6 in the NHL.. you think D would be a logical choice. Which they are weak on.
I was thinking the same thing, but it might just be cope/hope that it happens.

Anaheim is stacked at F right now and Verbeek has already said they want D..

Maybe it comes down to Columbus. Trading down 1 pick wouldn't be the craziest thing.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Maybe... Reinbacher's a nice kid, but he doesn't exactly give me Alpha-Chad vibes like Slaf. Just a quiet, reserved kid who can be blunt.

If they can just stop asking offside questions like "Would you shoot your mom to win an NHL playoff game?" and bragging about it, that'd be cool
I see it from the other side. It will hurt the stock from the guy they dont want to deal with or see something they dont like.

Reactions: themilosh

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I would too. I don't know who Chicago's looking at, but if you have an inkling they'd take one of the D then make the trade.
My guess is they gonna go for Buium
They need to rebuild that D and this would be a great start

They’ll be in on Hagens next year

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Maybe... Reinbacher's a nice kid, but he doesn't exactly give me Alpha-Chad vibes like Slaf. Just a quiet, reserved kid who can be blunt.

If they can just stop asking offside questions like "Would you shoot your mom to win an NHL playoff game?" and bragging about it, that'd be cool
I don't think they're necessarily looking for chads per se , just the right type of self-confidence. Kids who can handle the pressure. FWIW, Reinbacher seems pretty strong-willed, all the draft craziness didnt break him.

Last edited:
Reactions: themilosh

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
To be fair there is absolutely no way KH would say "Yea, we just drafted a 1st pair RHD". He was never going to put that kind of pressure on Reinbacher regardless of where he was selected but I'd be shocked if they really just think he'll be a 2nd pair guy.

Yes, he went 5th OVR but based off what's come out since, he was the consensus best dman prospect from that class going into draft day.

Michkov or Leonard for me, take the D this year. But you know, I do tend to complain from time to time so....

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I think there is a world where Demidov slips to 5, although maybe not the most likely outcome. Without a solid consensus at #2, and Anaheim, Columbus and Chicago having needs on defense (and all of them taking a forward high last year) they may all choose a D.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It’s not a single writer - it’s each teams writer
So Mackenzie is a Habs or a flames writer?

Either way, still terribly uninformed. The good writers may well have inside scoops in their market, but they also understand the game, and the on/off ice dynamics & nuances that casual fans are generally blind to.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So Mackenzie is a Habs or a flames writer?

Either way, still terribly uninformed. The good writers may well have inside scoops in their market, but they also understand the game, and the on/off ice dynamics & nuances that casual fans are generally blind to.
Julian Mackenzie is the Flames beat writer & Arpon is the Habs for The Athletic

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Still, The things arent that clear. Apparently, Hawks GM seems to realy overlook Dickinson and its not so clear what he's gonna do

The draft really starts when the Hawks pick.

Then, if you visit the Ducks boards, you see a lot of people just want to trade with us because Buium seems to be a legit target for them even if the RD is more a need.

No ones looks all over Demidov or Lindstrom yet.

This draft will be something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad