• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
1 - Celebrini is a franchise C
2 - Reinbacher is a projected second pairing dman, who may or may not run a PP. Kent said so when we drafted him
3 - the gap between 1 and 5 is light years. #1 is a franchise player, #5 could be a Kirby Dach, which we still don't know what that is.
4 - bucket of snot wasn't a fair assessment , I'll give you that
To be fair there is absolutely no way KH would say "Yea, we just drafted a 1st pair RHD". He was never going to put that kind of pressure on Reinbacher regardless of where he was selected but I'd be shocked if they really just think he'll be a 2nd pair guy.

Yes, he went 5th OVR but based off what's come out since, he was the consensus best dman prospect from that class going into draft day.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Finally it's over

Now only 52 days to wait to see who we pick

Followed by years of arguing we picked the right/wrong guy
People will argue even when we pick the right guy.

It all flows into a gutter that becomes a cesspool gushing into an abyss but it’s never bottomless as there is always enough raw sewage to beget a quagmire.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
2 - Reinbacher is a projected second pairing dman, who may or may not run a PP. Kent said so when we drafted him
3 - the gap between 1 and 5 is light years. #1 is a franchise player, #5 could be a Kirby Dach, which we still don't know what that is.
Time will tell Really just a crapshoot.Many many times the 5th player has turned out better than the 1st overall.If Kent picked Reinbacher with the 5th pick thinking he was a second pairing he should have chosen someone else

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Top 5 is where you want to be. Jagr was 5th, Price was 5th, Yzerman was 4th. It’s not as good as number one but in a good draft you can get superstars in the top five.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Hughes just said that they will likely draft a forward, and one who’s ready to play in the NHL soon. Sounds like Demidov, Lindstrom or Sennecke. Catton is nowhere near NHL ready due to his size.
I didnt find the stats that I saw, but Catton statistic in the WHL is comparable to many elite forward or at least they are legit top 6. If he bust, he will be the first one of the group.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The Athletic’s mock draft, has Habs trading down with Calgary and taking Iginla at 8 overall.

9. Montreal Canadiens: F Tij Iginla, Kelowna Rockets (WHL)​

With Ivan Demidov and Cayden Lindstrom gone by the fourth pick, the worst-case scenario presented itself to the Canadiens. A decision needed to be made to either reach for a forward at No. 5, take a right-shot defenseman — Zayne Parekh and Carter Yakemchuk were sitting right there — or trade down, get some additional draft capital and still get the forward they wanted all along. We chose door No. 3, made the trade with Calgary, added a third first-round pick (to go with the Jets first-rounder acquired for Sean Monahan) and drafted Tij Iginla of the Kelowna Rockets, a playoff-style forward who should help complete the Canadiens’ top-six in two years or so. We also tried to package the Jets first-round pick and Canucks first-round pick to jump back into the teens, but the mock GMs of the Flyers, Wild and Sharks each said no at 12, 13 and 14, and once Beckett Sennecke was gone to the Sharks, the pursuit ended. Still, the Canadiens come away with a forward they love plus an additional first-round pick, which they could use to complete a trade on the draft floor or add another prospect. — Arpon Basu

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Who projects him to be this?

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad