• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 18.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I’d be OK with that provided there would be some other trade in the works that jettisons one or more D for that top 6 forward, preferably a C.
Yup that's what I was thinking. Even if you don't want a LHD, if the dman still on the board @ 5 projects to maybe have a higher ceiling than any of the current LHD in the organization it's a bit shortsighted IMO to not even consider him.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
No more than Iginla or Helenius would be.
At least there's multiple scouting services that have both in the top 10. No one has Sennecke above 17th currently which is Daily Faceoff, who have Catton and Eiserman as the third and fourth forwards. They're basically the only publication that don't have Lindstrom top 5.

We'll see as all the final lists come out what the current mindset of the scouting community is.

I don't care who they take but they better take the one that pans out.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
At least there's multiple scouting services that have both in the top 10. No one has Sennecke above 17th currently which is Daily Faceoff, who have Catton and Eiserman as the third and fourth forwards. They're basically the only publication that don't have Lindstrom top 5.

We'll see as all the final lists come out what the current mindset of the scouting community is.

I don't care who they take but they better take the one that pans out.

3 NHL scouts just put him in their top 10.

Reactions: dinodebino

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Chicago isn't.
Anaheim isn't compares to their forward group (and are weak on the right side)
CBJ needs forwards but they also are light on the left side.
I think some teams will be dreaming of drafting the next Makar/Hughes so Parehk and Buium will be tempting.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinodebino

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
In other words..

It's a reach....

I don't think you understand what tiering is.

It means a group of player have the same BPA rating.

I was talking about my ranking from 6 to 11 have the same BPA rating (thus it's a matter of preferences who you pick).

That's because in my top 6 there's 3 forwards and 3 Ds. I'm assuming the 3 forwards won't get all selected before 5. If they are, the next BPA forward is in that 6-11 group.

Reactions: Justin11 and Tyson

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I don't think you understand what tiering is.

It means a group of player have the same BPA rating.

I was talking about my ranking from 6 to 11 have the same BPA rating (thus it's a matter of preferences who you pick).

That's because in my top 6 there's 3 forwards and 3 Ds. I'm assuming the 3 forwards won't get all selected before 5. If they are, the next BPA forward is in that 6-11 group.

It's all subjective though, and is based on personal opinion.

So it's hard to quantify anything too deeply..

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Hughes just said that they will likely draft a forward, and one who’s ready to play in the NHL soon. Sounds like Demidov, Lindstrom or Sennecke. Catton is nowhere near NHL ready due to his size.
Catton's size isn't much of a concern to me. Apparently he's currently a 5'11 and 175 lbs. I could easily see him bulking up 5-10 lbs over the summer and coming into next season in the 180-185lb range.

At that point he'd be "bigger" than Aho, Guentzel, Jarvis, Panarin, Marchand, Poitras, Stankoven, Cogliano, Lehkonen, etc... as some examples of forwards still in the playoffs. He's never going to be a bruiser of a player, but he's not this tiny, frail skeleton that some people seem to think.

Reactions: atrud66

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I’d be fine with an LD. We have depth but no true cornerstones. No idea how Hutson’s all-round game will round out, but I believe both Dickinson and Buium have franchise #1 D potential. Would be a shame to pass on that because we have Guhle. He’s good, but he’s not that guy.

IF Demidov and Lindstrom are gone. I love Catton, but accept that he’s probably not in consideration here. Wouldn’t be upset with Iginla either, but believe that Dickinson and Buium will prove to be more valuable players.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
It's all subjective though, and is based on personal opinion.

So it's hard to quantify anything too deeply..

True, as I said, it's my list. You asked folks if he's a reach, and I said no according to my list. As long as you don't draft him before MC, Demidov and Lindstrom who are more valuable.

Iginla might be alone in a tier ahead of Sennecke, I haven't decided yet. And Helenius as a backdoor in that tier as well.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad