Jonathan Léman
Joel Eriksson Ek
Adam Brodecki
Lawrence Pilut
Axel Eidstedt
Albin Runesson
Samuel Ward
etc

Will this be a good draft for Sweden or bad? Discuss...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Looks about average, maybe 2-3 first rounders and 6-7 top60. Will be a better draft than last year a lot thanks to a number of strong lateborn -96 I'd say.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
At the moment I dont see anyone that are as good as Nylander, but maybe Kylington or Timashov or someone can win me over at WJC 20. In the end I prefer 1-2 really good ones over 20 pretty good.

Last edited:

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Maybe Sebastian Ohlsson has a shot.
Quick shifty forward. Scored 2 goals yesterday for Sweden U18, against USA.
Or maybe he's falls out due to size...

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Any opinions about Jacob Larsson? Where do you see him going in the draft? How would you rank him among other Swedish D's in this draft?

pokerface1

Sep 16, 2010
what are some opinions of Eriksson Ek? how does he compare to some other forward prospects like Looke and Ahl?

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
What a interesting draft coming up. Will Kylington drop out the 1st round? Joel Eriksson EK make his way into 1st round? How much did the poor U18's effect the draft eligible players?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
After this season I have :

Eriksson Ek-late 1st
Kylington-late 1st
Carlsson-Early 2nd
Looke-Early 2nd
Ahl-mid 2nd
Larsson-mid-late 2nd

Then theres Andersson, Dahlstrom, Lindgren who could go as high as 2nd to as late as late rounds and theres the rest.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Players invited to combine: Ahl, G.Carlsson, Eriksson Ek, Kovacs, Kylington, Lööke, J.Larsson, Lindgren, Sandström, R.Andersson, Bouramman, JFK

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Looks about average, maybe 2-3 first rounders and 6-7 top60. Will be a better draft than last year a lot thanks to a number of strong lateborn -96 I'd say.

Well, this happened. 3 first rounders, 7 top60. I don't think the total number is really of importance, after the first two rounds it's a crapshoot. Weird that only one Swede was picked in the 5th & 6th round combined though.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Biggest surprise for me was Jonathan Davidsson going undrafted.

Average draft but it lacked the high end talent. Quite a few guys picked in the mid-late rounds have good upside though.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Biggest surprise for me was Jonathan Davidsson going undrafted.

Average draft but it lacked the high end talent. Quite a few guys picked in the mid-late rounds have good upside though.

I'm more surprised in Fredrik Forsberg not getting drafted. He "only" needs to address his skating, otherwise he is a very fine prospect. And skating issues seems in later years to be easier to address with new power skating coaches etc. I was 100% sure somebody would take a chance on him, especially given his bloodlines too.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I'm more surprised in Fredrik Forsberg not getting drafted. He "only" needs to address his skating, otherwise he is a very fine prospect. And skating issues seems in later years to be easier to address with new power skating coaches etc. I was 100% sure somebody would take a chance on him, especially given his bloodlines too.

I am actually not surprised that he went undrafted! The J20 games I saw him play, he struggled way too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad