News Article: NHL Decision on Lucic/Neal Trade Condition.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
NHL DECISION ON LUCIC/NEAL TRADE CONDITION

Well, we caught a break. Woohoo. Definitely didn't expect that.
When the Flames left for Edmonton last week I sent a tweet saying bring home the Stanley Cup and a 3rd round draft pick. I'm 1 for 2 so far.

There is a thread for this topic on the NHL board and Trade Rumors board so mods can delete this if they'd like. I just didn't see this discussion on our boards so I figured I'd post it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScrewNHLOfficiating

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
The way I look at it, Edmonton agreed to the conditional pick because they wanted James Neal to succeed and score goals for them.
I'm sure they would have preferred that he scored 25 goals + and gladly gave the pick away.

As a Flames fan, I'm happy, I don't know why the NHL sided with the Flames. I'd be pissed too if I were on the other side of it, because conditions were not met........but what can you do, the season was cut short by a dozen games.
I guess in the future the NHL is going to have to make sure things are different when it comes to conditional picks.

Very odd scenario indeed.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It would be nice to know who made this decision. Was it an agreement between the Flames and the Oilers? Was it a decision all the team's governors made?
Some HFOil fans are really upset and are saying the Oilers should sue the league... LOL

Reactions: TychoFan

Oblivion

Oct 2, 2008
Calgary
Obviously glad to get the pick as a Flames fan but admittedly... I don't really get it.

Hopefully can turn into someone special I guess!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad