Islanders Point Blank: NHL.com: Time for Isles fans to “relax and enjoyâ€

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://islanderspointblank.com/islanders/nhl-com-time-for-isles-fans-to-relax-and-enjoy/

“[…]My advice is stop worrying about three years from now if you’re an Islanders fan. Embrace the team you have now. It’s a playoff contender heading into a new building, a new era. Embrace Tavares and the superstar that he is. Trust Jaroslav Halak and Thomas Greiss. Enjoy watching Nick Leddy, Johnny Boychuk, Travis Hamonic and Calvin de Haan. Watch for the development of Michael Dal Colle and Ryan Pulock. Believe that the defense got better with the addition of Marek Zidlicky. Hope for the best from Kyle Okposo and that he will stay an Islander. Look for more out of Ryan Strome, Anders Lee and Brock Nelson. Appreciate Frans Nielsen for being one of the most underrated centers in the NHL. Enjoy the energy the Islanders get from Matt Martin, Cal Clutterbuck and Casey Cizikas.

Relax and enjoy being an Islander fan. The team is good and relevant again. Soak it in.â€

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
This team surprised a lot of people last year, and I think they'll surprise a lot of people this season when they end up being one of the best teams in the league. They learned how to be a winning team over an 82 game season, and I think they're finally ready to take it to the next level.

As much as I'll always hate the brooklyn move, I think it marks a beginning of a new golden era of islander hockey.

Last edited:

Fan101

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Good coaching staffs and the right vets keep a team focused and working hard.
I question if we have that with this team.
They shouldn't look stressed out in training camp.
Especially since they failed last April because the team was banged up with a poor second half record.
If the players are angry because they are responsible for their own injuries and lack of preparation, then they should feel stressed and guilty.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
I'll relax as soon as they get rid of Brian Strait. Or Capuano. Or both of them.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
Why does anyone visit that site (aside from their parents and friends)???

Just curious. I walk away feeling like a story should have an e-1 to e-5 rating.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
I kinda like keeping the organization knowing we won't be satisfied with failure, personally. Or mediocrity. Milbury would still be GM if we relaxed and waited for him to get fired (or quit, since Wang wouldn't fire him).

Happy where we are. New owners are coming, there's a good chance Snow will get something decent for Okposo if he doesn't sign, our D looks much better and our goaltending doesn't possess a prima donna but instead a disciplined and high quality athlete.

Cappy......well, nothing's perfect yet. I'm not thrilled with Cappy unless he learned that special teams mean something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad