Islanders Point Blank: NHL.com: Isles will compete for a Wild Card, Caps and Rangers will top division

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I don't think the Capitals got any better. The Penguins got more top heavy and the Rangers lost a couple of good players. The Capitals added a few good players, but also lost a few good players, and it will be hard to expect Holty to have a repeat performance from last season. If the Penguins lose a couple of key players like they always do they will be in trouble, and that defense is awful outside of the top pairing (which is very injury prone).

I think the Rangers, Islanders, and Blue Jackets will finish in the top 3 with the Capitals and Penguins both taking the wild card spots.

Seems like this article is about what teams did in the offseason, and hyping up moves that were not as big as they seem.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
I think the loss of St. Louis and Hagelin will hurt the Rangers. MSL was their #2 goal scorer and Hagelin was their #6. If Nash regresses (and I do expect him to regress in goals scored) then their offense could be somewhat anemic. I still expect them to be in the playoffs but not as dominant as last year.

If PIT can stay healthy and the team gels they could be very good, but that's a big IF. I expect CBJ to be very good and the Caps to be about as good as last year. Honestly 1 - 5 in the Metro will be tough competition and I can see the Islanders ending up anywhere in that 1 - 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad