NHL Board of Governors approves sale of Coyotes and relocation to Salt Lake City (Mod warning post #157)

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Utah can support NBA and NHL. Hard to do three major sports. But they can be good and with picks up the kazoo, they can be really good for years. They are far better and have the talent in place to exceed expectations vs the typical expansion team.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
For anyone from Utah, is there some Utah folklore story that I've just missed? Cause Yetis have always been associated with the Himalayan mountains like Everest. Like even Disney's Animal Kingdom has the roller coaster with the Yeti that is literally themed to this.

I would think most people from there would much rather have a team name that's actually associated with their state, even more so because the Jazz have nothing to do with their state.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
"Utah H.C"

Really?

Ryan Smith has said he is not going to rush things and they may go without a team name for the first year. So, if it indeed it is the team trademarking these names, they may be looking at busing Utah Hockey Club or Utah HC as a temporary name.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd love the Yetis.
Kootenay Ice have a pretty awesome Yeti Logo:
1713553877042.png

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Guess it's time to dry clean my Shane Doan jersey and keep it for posterity...

Just read that the Utah team just sold 20,000 season tickets....that's a good start. Certainly I wish them success. Would have been nice if another hockey team came back to Canada...but we're talking Bettman here, so a pipe dream for now...

• Wow
Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Personally, I would never continue watching and supporting a team that moved away. Can't imagine a ton of Coyotes fans are going to do this either.

Even more ridiculous when some people in NJ can't even watch the Devils because of blackouts.

Most AZ fans don't have beef with the league, because they saved the team so many times before, including owning it for a period time. Nor is there any real problem with Ryan Smith, who seems competent. It's all hate for Meruelo, who fumbled the bag several times over.

I suffered shitty tank seasons to draft players like Guenther and Cooley. I'm watching that shit.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Personally, I would never continue watching and supporting a team that moved away. Can't imagine a ton of Coyotes fans are going to do this either.

Even more ridiculous when some people in NJ can't even watch the Devils because of blackouts.
I suspect, unfortunately, the small size of Mullett obliged a lot of them to get used to the idea of only watching their team on TV already.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
At least we know where Trevor Lewis will be playing next year. When he signed with LA last Summer, it felt like he was coming home, since he won two Cups in LA, but now he has a chance to really go home.

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
For anyone from Utah, is there some Utah folklore story that I've just missed? Cause Yetis have always been associated with the Himalayan mountains like Everest. Like even Disney's Animal Kingdom has the roller coaster with the Yeti that is literally themed to this.

I would think most people from there would much rather have a team name that's actually associated with their state, even more so because the Jazz have nothing to do with their state.

I think it's a name suggested by Yotes fans who want to have a 'Y' nickname in Utah.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Most AZ fans don't have beef with the league, because they saved the team so many times before, including owning it for a period time. Nor is there any real problem with Ryan Smith, who seems competent. It's all hate for Meruelo, who fumbled the bag several times over.

I suffered shitty tank seasons to draft players like Guenther and Cooley. I'm watching that shit.

I do question if he fumbled the bag, or if he ran away with it filled with 700M$ like he intended it. He even gets to come back if he feels its a good investment.

We saw the same thing in Montreal with Loria, only it was much more egregious.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

I don't get it either. Even bigfoot/sasquatch are more famous for being a pacific northwest phenomenon to my knowledge, i.e. the woods of Oregon up through B.C.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
At least we know where Trevor Lewis will be playing next year. When he signed with LA last Summer, it felt like he was coming home, since he won two Cups in LA, but now he has a chance to really go home.

And Steve Konowalchuk as head coach.

I wouldn't mind one year of UHC as a temporary name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad