Czech Republic: NHL Bars in Prague

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Hi, looked elsewhere on the internet and couldn't find an answer. Does anyone know any bars in Prague that televise NHL games regularly? Going there and would like to know of spots in advance. Are extra liga games shown regularly in bars as well?

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
I was in Prague last year and it wasn't too difficult to find NHL or Extraliga games on. Of course, keep in mind the time zone changes. I know this Irish pub called the Dubliner near my hotel showed some NHL games. I would also recommend attending an Extraliga game if you can, as well. The seats are super cheap, and Slavia Praha has a fantastic arena (the O2). The other team in town is Sparta Praha, and while their arena isn't as nice, it's still a great time. Unfortunately, the Prague KHL team is now defunct.

Hope this helps.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I was in Prague last year and it wasn't too difficult to find NHL or Extraliga games on. Of course, keep in mind the time zone changes. I know this Irish pub called the Dubliner near my hotel showed some NHL games. I would also recommend attending an Extraliga game if you can, as well. The seats are super cheap, and Slavia Praha has a fantastic arena (the O2). The other team in town is Sparta Praha, and while their arena isn't as nice, it's still a great time. Unfortunately, the Prague KHL team is now defunct.

Hope this helps.

Just a little correction, from the next season on, Sparta is moving to the bigger O2 arena, as Slavia got relegated.

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
Ah, I didn't realize that. I saw Slavia and Sparta play each other at the O2 last March and was really impressed with the stadium. Very modern. It compares well even to NHL stadiums, if a bit smaller.

Does that mean Slavia will play in Tipsport arena? I wasn't too impressed with that one. It's kind of a like a school gymnasium, and with a really odd seating chart. But I did see a couple of Lev KHL games there and had a good time.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Ah, I didn't realize that. I saw Slavia and Sparta play each other at the O2 last March and was really impressed with the stadium. Very modern. It compares well even to NHL stadiums, if a bit smaller.

Does that mean Slavia will play in Tipsport arena? I wasn't too impressed with that one. It's kind of a like a school gymnasium, and with a really odd seating chart. But I did see a couple of Lev KHL games there and had a good time.

They will play in Eden arena, I suppose. It's a smaller arena with about 5000 seats, they used to play there in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad