Post-Game Talk: NHL All Star Weekend

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
not sold on the shooting puck from the stands..

maybe next year shoot pucks off the roof of the stadium ,and see how many windows players can smash out of cars in the parking lot??? :)

Anyways, back to the drawing board....

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
not sold on the shooting puck from the stands..

maybe next year shoot pucks off the roof of the stadium ,and see how many windows players can smash out of cars in the parking lot??? :)

Anyways, back to the drawing board....
Next year they should bring in a new event called hide and seek. Rules are pretty simple, a player from one division hides, a player from another division has to find him. They can hide anywhere in the arena.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
That last event was poorly planned. I dont blame Marner for being so confused since there were many times when I thought a shot counted for points and it wasnt.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
My favorite event was the elimination shootout. Keep on going until there’s a last man standing...never know why they removed that competition.
That and the shootout style competition were my favorites too. I remember several good times from Ovie and Malkin teaming up in 09 during their "feud" period, Subban wearing a Jeff Skinner jersey to pander to Carolina fans in 2011 and Price doing the Tim Tebow pose and making saves backwards in 2012. The shootout is a gimmick basically, might as well embrace it and make it fun.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom and the

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
They should put a skater in net with full gear, and have the goalies shoot using regular sticks and equipment That would be both entertaining and funny.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
That shooting from the stands shit makes the league look completely Bush league. Why would the all-star skills competition feature a skill that is impossible to happen during a game. What a mess.

The NHL should have never gone forward with this. Today is day 2 of the Bush league events where one of sports biggest gimmicks, NHL’s 3 on 3 will be on display. Can’t wait.

Reactions: the_fan and cphabs

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
That shooting from the stands **** makes the league look completely Bush league. Why would the all-star skills competition feature a skill that is impossible to happen during a game. What a mess.

The NHL should have never gone forward with this. Today is day 2 of the Bush league events where one of sports biggest gimmicks, NHL’s 3 on 3 will be on display. Can’t wait.
You're taking the all star game far more seriously than the league or players are.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Great minds think alike!

upload_2020-1-25_9-27-26.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad