NHL 24 Discussion

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I also think it's too bad that they dont make it as easy to make trades nowadays. I mean being able to add money to a card offer was helpful. This iteration also has more focus on powerup collectibles for every event card (as opposed to each having only their own collectibles), which also makes them more of a currency.

Totally agree. Back when you could make offers of in-game currency + players, I cut some of my best deals. Especially if I was looking to upgrade the same player to a better/higher rated card. You could figure out the relative value between say the 90 version against the 91 or 92 version and make a fair offer and negotiate off the in-game currency part of the offer.

Honestly I think both of these changes were designed so users just bought more packs with real money. Make it harder to build decent teams via trades and winning auctions.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Maybe because I am in a new franchise and havent done anything to settings but again this game is trash.

I cant check anyone and it seems my AI teammates cant either. Cant get a break out or even clean passes. My guys are forever pushed and bullied but my guys cant/dont do that

Idk why AI teammates never attack the puck.

Theres no realistic PP

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Totally agree. Back when you could make offers of in-game currency + players, I cut some of my best deals. Especially if I was looking to upgrade the same player to a better/higher rated card. You could figure out the relative value between say the 90 version against the 91 or 92 version and make a fair offer and negotiate off the in-game currency part of the offer.

Honestly I think both of these changes were designed so users just bought more packs with real money. Make it harder to build decent teams via trades and winning auctions.
There was one year where there were items to change hte player's team for chemistry reasons. I would make trades for the same player i have, only with a different team chemistry and pay 500 extra to save 1 000$+ on the item price. There were lots of applications.

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
Maybe because I am in a new franchise and havent done anything to settings but again this game is trash.

I cant check anyone and it seems my AI teammates cant either. Cant get a break out or even clean passes. My guys are forever pushed and bullied but my guys cant/dont do that

Idk why AI teammates never attack the puck.

Theres no realistic PP
I had the same issue with passing and adjusted the sliders using these.

Made the game much more enjoyable. Annoying that you have to go through all these changes to make the game playable.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
There’s no Celebrini or Will Smith in HUT, eh?
The aren't signed, aren't in any league that has a licensed agreement with them, haven't signed their PHPA waivers, haven't played 1 game in either the NHL, or AHL, or in Europe so why should they be again? This is brought up every damn year and every damn year we have to repost the same damn response.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
The aren't signed, aren't in any league that has a licensed agreement with them, haven't signed their PHPA waivers, haven't played 1 game in either the NHL, or AHL, or in Europe so why should they be again? This is brought up every damn year and every damn year we have to repost the same damn response.

You seem upset, do you want to talk about it?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
After spending months trying to win a Ones tournament I've started Franchise mode and uh... it's a bit different from I remember when I last played in 09. Is there a degree or a qualification I can earn somewhere to understand how the f*** any of this works? Why are there so many menus? And lists? And why are the menus all so slow?

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
And if you like this new checking system youre dumb af it doesnt work
It works fine. You just have to know how to control your skater.

The most effective way to defend in this game isn't even hitting, it's about getting in front of a puck carrier and impeding their forward progress. Cut in front of their stick.

The hitting is just fun. It's rewarding to line up an opponent and crush them with an open hit. Pull back on RS and push forward when you close.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Just love how its the first period and I have 40 shots and one goal the AI has 8 shots and 1 goal

Are your goalies ever good in this game? Ever?
if only it was "worthy" goals once in a while. I've had games where i basically stop everyone from getting within even the faceoff circles............ and the weakass backhand from a silver player at the blueline goes in without touching anything on its way. It hasnt happened this year yet, but ive had games where my goalie made no saves at all. Who the hell are Roy and Fleury, anyway?

1716570474891.png

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
FC 24 (FIFA) is one of the free games on PS5 this month so I got it and wtf why do the graphics of NHL literally look 15 years older than this when they’re both EA? Everyone in the FIFA community bitches about their game but they don’t realize how good they have it lol, I’m quite enjoying this game. The graphics between this and NHL 24 literally look like comparing PS3 to PS5… maybe even PS2 to PS5

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I'm an OG gamer who just wants a fun hockey experience with customization and visual accuracy. How on earth does EA...

1. Have certain "star players" using generic faces that aren't even close.
2. Prevent the user from at least updating said faces with the customizer.

Also, why is the Creation Zone extremely limited. For example, you should be able to create new uniforms by using any team uniform set in the game as a base, such as... taking the Vancouver Canucks Flying V uniforms and changing colors, etc.

The same with Arenas... you should be able to use the Bell Centre as a starting point then change seat colors, logos, etc. This shouldn't be difficult at all since the art is already built.

Similarly, how can you not create vintage helmetless players when there are already legends without helmets in the game? Just have a simple "helmet/mask ON/OFF" toggle when editing or creating a player.

Some of the limitations in this series are still completely bizarre to me.

I mean, should it be too much to ask to be able to recreate the Quebec Nordiques from scratch and build Le Colisee with light blue bumpers, and "Le Colisee de Quebec" wordmark on the ice?

Another thing are the jerseys during PRACTICE/TRAINING mode. Why is it locked to default to the home uniform? Why can't you choose the jersey you want to practice in the same way you can when you begin a game? Again, this should be a 2 second fix.

Best is trying to change sock tape colors. Players like Pasta have black tape stock and you can change to clear however not other colours. When you’re editing a diff player in franchise mode you can’t select any colour they’re all just white

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad