NHL 24 Discussion

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Gameplay wise... I feel his is one of the best versions in many years. Not perfect but I find it challenging... I'm not into any of the special features.. Just like playing with updated rosters and with all the different teams around the world.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
What a disaster this game is. Wow. So glitchy and the hitting is too complicated. I understand that ultra skilled gamers will find it rewarding but some of us just want to keep it simple stupid and have fun. This game used to be fun.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
What a disaster this game is. Wow. So glitchy and the hitting is too complicated. I understand that ultra skilled gamers will find it rewarding but some of us just want to keep it simple stupid and have fun. This game used to be fun.

There is nothing at all complicated about hitting. If you can shoot, you can hit, they are literally exactly the same.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Hey guys,

Have been sticking to NHL 22 but bought 24 today.

Does anyone have any recommended Community Rosters they're aware of, with the most accurate squads, including created players/prospects, that's relatively current?

Thanks.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ovechkin is absolutely insane in my franchise mode. Hes 44 now and completely obliterated the goal record. His age 43 season he pocketed 65 goals, 50ish of them at even strength while being an 84 overall bottom 6 forward. I’ve only simulated a few games of the next season and he’s an 83 overall “minor league scorer” lol and he’s scoring at a 50 goal pace.

Reactions: ShootIt

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I've just discovered you can add and remove attribute points in Chel builds. Ones might be a bit easier all of a sudden.

Lol it took me until this time last year to find that too and I'd been playing for years haha. Makes it a lot easier when you aren't capped at 86 speed or whatever.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Would love the option of controlling more than one team, three way trade, LTIR option, and force trade in Franchise mode.

Reactions: wings95

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Ovechkin is absolutely insane in my franchise mode. Hes 44 now and completely obliterated the goal record. His age 43 season he pocketed 65 goals, 50ish of them at even strength while being an 84 overall bottom 6 forward. I’ve only simulated a few games of the next season and he’s an 83 overall “minor league scorer” lol and he’s scoring at a 50 goal pace.

Yea, him and Crosby are still over a PPG in my 27-28 season.
Finished with 56 goals, 3rd best in the league at 42 years old.
Him and Stamkos still scoring goals at a healthy pace but each have speed attributes in the high 70's.

Not mad that "legends" of the current NHL can play at a high level in their 40's and curious if the game allows them to be like Jagr and play forever lol

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yea, him and Crosby are still over a PPG in my 27-28 season.
Finished with 56 goals, 3rd best in the league at 42 years old.
Him and Stamkos still scoring goals at a healthy pace but each have speed attributes in the high 70's.

Not mad that "legends" of the current NHL can play at a high level in their 40's and curious if the game allows them to be like Jagr and play forever lol
I surrounded him with really good centers which helped a lot. He finally retired after his age 45 season. Dropped to a 78 overall “minor league scorer” in his final year. Still had him in the NHL on the second line. He played 64 games and scored 47 goals. Probably could have played another year.

Records broken:

1,968 games played. Almost 200 more than Marleau

1,239 goals. 355 more than Gretzky

2,204 career points, second to Gretzky

14 total 50 or more goal seasons. 5 more than Mike Bossy.

Hit 60+ goals in 2 of the seasons, one of them being well into his 40s.

Won 2 more Stanley Cups, including the 2023-24 season when I sold off the majority of the Capitals roster and had a bunch of random placeholder players on 1 year deals.

I simulated all the games just to see how his career would go. Unreal lol

Reactions: ShootIt

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Game was on sale for $23. Shit sucks ass. They screwed hitting up. Players are slow asf. AI team mates are still morons who dont attack the puck.

Goalies is like the only update I like

May just stick to NHL 22

I find the hitting now is so much better than it used to be. It actually requires skill and has a risk/reward factor that is much closer to actually playing hockey.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I find the hitting now is so much better than it used to be. It actually requires skill and has a risk/reward factor that is much closer to actually playing hockey.
Yeah. The hitting is literally the best thing in the game.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
You would think by 2024 when you create a franchise or edit a goalie you would be able to design their helmet or at least have design choices
This was a feature in NHL 2k10. You could edit the design and paint job for a goalie's entire gear set--mask, pads, glove, blocker, and stick. It was awesome to try and make a set-up that looked close to what your team's goalie had at the time, or you could create an old-timey look.

While EA has completely abandoned any sort of depth across all franchise modes, it's particularly egregious in NHL.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Yup, EA did a bunch of layoffs today, including madden I hope the NHL leads are part of it but I doubt it.

The loser Rammer will continue to drive this franchise to the shitter.
Layoffs for me would say even less resources available to work on the product... so I wouldn't be jumping for joy over layoffs.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I usually play NHL threes. Apart from the fact that arenas can't be unlocked, some of the few remaining outdoor rinks, especially the Peak, start flickering real badly after a few minutes and make it unplayable. Any one else experienced the same issue? any solutions?

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
There is nothing at all complicated about hitting. If you can shoot, you can hit, they are literally exactly the same.
Nono. Hitting requires way more timing than a slapper.

With the recent patches, I like the new gameplay. Still room for improvement, but making hitting more difficult adds a lot to the game. I like it.

Still disliking the new controlling. I switched back to skill stick, which is a smarter and better setting for me.

I m still hoping that they finally update Franchise mode. Instead of investing into menus, new goal celebrations or looks ...

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
By far the worst NHL game in years.

Ironically, I think it's probably the best one since 20.

My only real gripes are how nerfed to oblivion stick checking is and the whole fatigue system for goalies. Makes absolutely no sense why going for a poke check slows you down to a snails pace. Goalies diving around after stopping routine shots is so stupid too.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The one thing I have to say about this year's game in WOC is how much each and every game is a grind.

There are games where the skill gap is noticeable but dare I say the ice tilt rears its ugly head. Puck bounces, posts, crossbars and soft goals keep a lot of these games closer than they'd usually be.

Not a lot of straight line breakouts or goals off the rush anymore either. It's imperative to use stop-starts, misdirection and lateral puck movement to break through the defense. It's also necessary to know how to win those puck battles without overcommitting.

This is the first time where the game actually leaves me with sore hands after a few games.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad