NHL 23 Discussion

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
were on the top 5 leaderboard.
I think even seeing a high prestige level cause some people to back out

It doesn't help that a lot of the really highly ranked teams play like douchebags. When teams are running up scores, circling back in their own zone endlessly and ragging the puck from end to end to find the perfect angle to cut across and score the same goal for the tenth time it's no surprise people don't want to play them.

Not saying this is what your team does, but I have seen a lot of teams do this and I truly wonder how any of it is fun for them.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Finally bought the NHL series game since maybe 19/20...

Don't mind the feel of the game so far in franchise mode. Tweaked the sliders cause it felt like the CPU would Brian Campbell any player with the puck in open ice. Nerfed aggressiveness and checking power for the cpu(and user).

On NHL 22 on the 10 hour free trial the stupid franchise mode wouldn't save after the 5th game so nice to see that fixed for me lol.

I've noticed my cpu players take a bunch of penalties in small stretche. And in the 3rd. Have to look into tweaking the sliders there too. Averaging like 7 penalties a game on 8 minute periods, while the CPU team maybe commits one or 2 a game.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
I could actually live with franchise mode if it had realistic prospects. If your draft pick plays in the NCAA or in the KHL they don't exist in game. I realize that's not necessarily EAs fault as they don't have the rights to certain leagues but it's basically like forfeiting a pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich Nixon

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Finally bought the NHL series game since maybe 19/20...

Don't mind the feel of the game so far in franchise mode. Tweaked the sliders cause it felt like the CPU would Brian Campbell any player with the puck in open ice. Nerfed aggressiveness and checking power for the cpu(and user).

On NHL 22 on the 10 hour free trial the stupid franchise mode wouldn't save after the 5th game so nice to see that fixed for me lol.

I've noticed my cpu players take a bunch of penalties in small stretche. And in the 3rd. Have to look into tweaking the sliders there too. Averaging like 7 penalties a game on 8 minute periods, while the CPU team maybe commits one or 2 a game.
I've been playing with a friend recently in franchise mode where we made a player each to pickup in FA on the Sabres to start the season we played probably 20 games and only had a single penalty against the opposing AI.....meanwhile we have probably had like 10 penalties alone against our AI while having to deal with even more penalties against us though that's because my friend has an obsession with charging guys into the boards.

Reactions: ShootIt

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I could actually live with franchise mode if it had realistic prospects. If your draft pick plays in the NCAA or in the KHL they don't exist in game. I realize that's not necessarily EAs fault as they don't have the rights to certain leagues but it's basically like forfeiting a pick.
You can download rosters with lots of the NCAA and Russia guys created.

Reactions: CutOnDime97

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’ve never really been able to enjoy BAP because it’s just too repetitive and not really fleshed out or immersive enough. It should be so much closer to the Madden career or like MLB or NBA 2K. Regardless, it’s actually the only mode I play this year because it’s the only mode I can find any enjoyment in. When I break up a pass and get a breakaway or make a good read at the point, walk in and snipe, that’s fun. The AI still sucks and the game and the mode are both still repetitive but at least you feel like there are some moments where you’re like “nice, that was cool”.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I’ve never really been able to enjoy BAP because it’s just too repetitive and not really fleshed out or immersive enough. It should be so much closer to the Madden career or like MLB or NBA 2K. Regardless, it’s actually the only mode I play this year because it’s the only mode I can find any enjoyment in. When I break up a pass and get a breakaway or make a good read at the point, walk in and snipe, that’s fun. The AI still sucks and the game and the mode are both still repetitive but at least you feel like there are some moments where you’re like “nice, that was cool”.

I only just started playing that mode, and it’s the only time in that mode I’ve ever A: not been drafted in the 1st round (86th overall) and B: actually play on the PK.

Now if they can make it so the coach stops getting mad at me for getting run over at the blueline that’d be great

Reactions: LokiDog

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
My comment for what the game that’s already out now. At the time of the comment the cover wasn’t released

For next years; I like your ideas
Yes I misunderstood, I was suggesting for NHL 24. We could also throw in Hughes and Stutzle into the mix. Robertson too. Some new faces would be nice

Reactions: Taluss

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
The "Straight skate" needs to be nerfed considerably in NHL 24. It totally breaks the game.
can you elaborate on this one? I'd like to know if I'm experiencing the same, basically my skater comes to near stop carrying the puck, I almost have to "shake" him loose to get him moving again

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Not sure if it was in the game last year, but I like the new Stanley Cup presentation. Choosing who you hand off the cup to is awesome.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
What an awful f***ing game Holy shit. The AI is useless. Can't buy a power play. You score the stupidest goals but are hardly rewarded for skill and nice plays.

Just garbage. Never had a game that is this anti-fun and straight up rage inducing.

• Haha
Reactions: behemolari

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
What an awful f***ing game Holy shit. The AI is useless. Can't buy a power play. You score the stupidest goals but are hardly rewarded for skill and nice plays.

Just garbage. Never had a game that is this anti-fun and straight up rage inducing.
The lack of Power Plays is a pretty big issue with the game. Should be averaging 4-6 a game. The AI dont do much but try to move in the way of the puck carrier. Really poor defensive AI strategy

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Straight skate needs to be nerfed, cross creases need to he nerfed, glitch wrap around needs to be canned.

I remember when the cross crease pass was hard to perform in this first week of release then ea reverted back to the old ways because I assume the clowns like the clapperton, nasher and the other douche bags weren’t scoring 7 goals a game

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Straight skate needs to be nerfed, cross creases need to he nerfed, glitch wrap around needs to be canned.

I remember when the cross crease pass was hard to perform in this first week of release then ea reverted back to the old ways because I assume the clowns like the clapperton, nasher and the other douche bags weren’t scoring 7 goals a game

I can’t do a cross crease pass for the life of me. Instead it decides it’s gonna attempt to pass back to the blueline to the opposite side of the ice

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I can’t do a cross crease pass for the life of me. Instead it decides it’s gonna attempt to pass back to the blueline to the opposite side of the ice
Changing the angle of ur stick helps tremendously

I found holding it out to ur forehand and slightly forward just past the back of there skate works a lot of the time especially up close on a defender

Reactions: belair

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Changing the angle of ur stick helps tremendously

I found holding it out to ur forehand and slightly forward just past the back of there skate works a lot of the time especially up close on a defender
That and working pass cancellation into your game is huge. A lot of times you need to re-aim passes if you hold the button too early. Faking when you're about to release it also forces your opponent to commit defensively. When they do, you can change the angle by cancelling and find more open lanes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad