NHL 22 Wishlist

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Based on everything I've read thus far I'm glad I didn't cave in and buy it again this year :D

Might as well get this started early.

Roster Sharing.

Seriously. What the actual f***. Pull your heads, out of your asses, and do right by your customers.

tenor (5).gif

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Yea I want to see them fix all the new bugs they added to 21 before I even think about what new things I would like to see next year. Franchise has several new bugs including a couple pretty major ones that completely break amateur scouting which makes Franchise unplayable for me.

Reactions: hmc1987

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Roster Sharing.
Custom logo and jersey creator and sharing for HUT and created teams like in MLB The Show.
Custom goalie mask, gloves, and pads creator and sharing.
Conditional and lottery protection for draft picks in franchise mode.
Online GM Leagues.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Add the ability to use LTIR and offer NTC's and NMC's.

Do free agency like they do in NBA 2K, show us meeting with the player.

Let me buy the team like you can in NBA2K

Let me hire REAL coaches why can't I hire Joel Quinnvill?.

NBA2K has REAL staff why not the NHL?
You cant hire real coaches because EA would have to negotiate and pay each real coach individually and it isn't financially viable for them to do that. Nobody is going to buy the game just because they went and got real coaches for the game, so why would they ever spend money to do that.

Reactions: haveandare

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You cant hire real coaches because EA would have to negotiate and pay each real coach individually and it isn't financially viable for them to do that. Nobody is going to buy the game just because they went and got real coaches for the game, so why would they ever spend money to do that.

NOBODY buys 2k for the coaches either but they are there so why not the NHL? It's another way to make the game better

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
NOBODY buys 2k for the coaches either but they are there so why not the NHL? It's another way to make the game better
Because it would cost more money, and the NHL series sells way less copies than NBA 2k which means EA isn't going to invest extra money on a feature that won't help them sell more copies.

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada

Are they not part of a union like the players?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Some sort of free agent frenzy on GM mode, something along the lines of what we had with the phones on old gen draft and trade deadline.

Say you offer a player 5 mil and his agent says "well Toronto offered 5.25" and then you can have a bidding war. Also if your franchise sucks maybe they'll say you'll have to go over the market value if you want them to choose you over a contender. Something like that.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Because it would cost more money, and the NHL series sells way less copies than NBA 2k which means EA isn't going to invest extra money on a feature that won't help them sell more copies.
Easy solution would be to let you make custom coaches. Wouldn't take much effort to develop.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

If you take a look at NHL 2005. you can see there are real coaches behind the bench. Don't know how the hell they did have license for them 15 years ago and not today.

Regarding topic, I honestly believe this upcoming generation is do or die for the NHL series....

Reactions: rkwittem

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
  • Roster sharing. It's such an amazing feature in games that support it.
  • Franchise improvements - a better scouting system, a better draft, waivers/conditional picks/etc, better free agency. Trade system (and Free Agency) should be like FIFA. Give us a little cutscene with negotiations, etc.
  • FRANCHISE GM CONNECTED.
  • PC version - stupid that it's not there.
  • Bundled NHL 99 (or something similar) that can be released standalone on Switch - because hockey on the go would be great!

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Coaching License
- If not possible, allow staff (coaches and scouts) to be editable.
- Roster Sharing
- Free Agent frenzy in the style of the trade deadline
- Improve depth of be a pro. Continue to build on it.
- Leave HUT alone for a year for the love of god, it’s actually not tedious this year.
- Simplify/Smooth out AI.
- Some new leagues would be nice. USHL being the main one that is realistic.
- Incorporate the ECHL into franchise mode. Incorporate the European leagues into franchise mode better.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
- Coaching License
- If not possible, allow staff (coaches and scouts) to be editable.
- Roster Sharing
- Free Agent frenzy in the style of the trade deadline
- Improve depth of be a pro. Continue to build on it.
- Leave HUT alone for a year for the love of god, it’s actually not tedious this year.
- Simplify/Smooth out AI.
- Some new leagues would be nice. USHL being the main one that is realistic.
- Incorporate the ECHL into franchise mode. Incorporate the European leagues into franchise mode better.
Love the idea of ECHL. Maybe even for Be A Pro.

canadiantarheel

Sep 19, 2011
My main gripe has been that you can't select players for each national team's respective player pool like you've been able to do in FIFA since FIFA 06.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
It's not just a list of things that have to go, or come in. They need a core foundation rebuild. They emphasize UT and don't care about the game play or other modes like Franchise, or be a pro. It's just an updated roster. Obviously, EA makes the most money off UT. Knowing them, their solution for FM will turn it into a micro-transaction mess.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Stop AI cheating for f*** sakes. It's been in the game for so long you can see when it's about to happen. We used to call it ice tilt, but it's AI intervention and it makes the game look broken.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00