NHL 2016-17 General Discussion ‎Swedish players

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I though we could have a general thread about swedish players in NHL (includes AHL).

The season has just started, but intresting to see that the players that Grönborg cut, is the ones that has started the season the best. Hopefully some of this younger players that has started of good can continue on that path. Then the future looks good.

A slow starter this season has been Bäckström

Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Who do you think will keep up his good start?

Nylander
Rask
Zibanejad
Arvidsson
Nyquist
Wennberg
Or
Eriksson Ek

My bet would be on Nylander, he has been dominating.

Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Heed 9p in 9 games in AHL, wonder when he will get a call up?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
5 of the 7 best scoring forwards weren't on the World Cup roster. Nylander, Johansson, Wennberg, Zibanejad, Rask.

Fast, Arvidsson doing well too.

Not saying they should've been there but maybe this generation of forwards isn't so bad after all. Just lacks those truly elite scorers. Maybe Nylander will be that but not many others. Forsberg and Nylander the only 90's fws to reach PPG?

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Yeah, compare to last year around the 20 game mark, it was probably little bit better last year. But the main difference is that last year it was driven mainly by older guys, now younger guys. So a good step for the future.

Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Elias Lindholm 16p in his 14 last games, has Lindholm arrive? Havnt watch any carolina games lately, but early on the season when he didnt score any points he looked better then the numbers. But probably just things evens out and not a big breakthrough

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Elias Lindholm 16p in his 14 last games, has Lindholm arrive? Havnt watch any carolina games lately, but early on the season when he didnt score any points he looked better then the numbers. But probably just things evens out and not a big breakthrough

He has not arrived. He have this type of good streches every season, then he goes cold for long time.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
He has not arrived. He have this type of good streches every season, then he goes cold for long time.

I don't think Lindholm will improve much more. He lacks the speed and strenght to take that next step.

He doesn't have a lethal shot or world class playmaking either.

Good middle-6 two-way forward, that's probably what he'll be.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Bäckström still but it won't be long before Nylander takes the throne. Forsberg only challenger as of now. Maybe Arvidsson if he can repeat. The number of elite level forwards is the lowest in a long time.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
I think Forsberg is due for his real breakout season next year, he's too talented and has too many physical tools to not grow into a consistent 70 point scorer. For him it's just a matter of becoming less streaky, by figuring out how to make the right adjustments around the game.

I think Nylander might 'regress' a bit points wise next season if he plays center, or at least not score more than 60-ish points. He'll be re-learning a position at the NHL level, and that takes time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad