Prospect Info: NHL 2013 Draft ...Avs won the draft lottery !!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas0Aequitas

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
I like how the Avs traded Ryan O'Bryne (he wears #3) away at the trade deadline... their only move.

To make room for... Seth Jones... who wears #3... who is an Avs fan and raised in Denver.

Love it.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
To celebrate, Johnson should take Jones out for a celebratory round of golf.

seacard

Dec 25, 2007
Unfortunately, there is no room for Jones on this team. We have 8 quality defensemen signed for next year (EJ, Hejda, Wilson, Zanon, Hunwick, O'Brien, Barrie, and Elliott), and our next two prospects are defensemen (Siemens and Gaunce). Should probably trade down.

:sarcasm:

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Unfortunately, there is no room for Jones on this team. We have 8 quality defensemen signed for next year (EJ, Hejda, Wilson, Zanon, Hunwick, O'Brien, Barrie, and Elliott), and our next two prospects are defensemen (Siemens and Gaunce). Should probably trade down.

:sarcasm:

Gaunce is gone.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Congrats. I was so happy to see that all 3 of us were in the top 3, I was most nervous of dropping out of that.

Either MacK or Drouin are gonna be great for us.

And Jones..well..is Jones and is gonna tear it up. Congrats again.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I want Nate :(

Seth will be great and he fills a much better need. I just think Mackinnon has the potential to be a tob 5 player in the nhl. Jones may max out as a top 10 defenseman. IMO, of course.

Reactions: MaKarter

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
Even if I would really like Mackionnon in an avs jersey next year, it really makes sense to see the team picking Jones. He will be a really good fit. Anyway I don't think we can go wrong with any of the two.
My only fear today was to see us dropping to number 3

AvsFanRCN

Dec 21, 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada
Congrats. I was so happy to see that all 3 of us were in the top 3, I was most nervous of dropping out of that.

a line of Drouin-Stamkos-StLouis is going to ****ing kill for you guys

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I've seen Jones play at the world juniors, he looked like a man amongst boys, congrats to you guys!

TFreeman451

Feb 24, 2013
Arkansas
Congratulations Avs fans! After the North Stars left my new team became the Avs and still have a small place in my heart after hockey returned up here. Sucks that you guys will be in our conference along with Seth Jones for quite a while!

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Drouin would look fantastic next to Stamkos.

That and a rivalry between FLA and TBAY would be awesome if led by MacKinnon and Drouin.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
I like how the Avs traded Ryan O'Bryne (he wears #3) away at the trade deadline... their only move.

To make room for... Seth Jones... who wears #3... who is an Avs fan and raised in Denver.

Love it.

If anything, he would probably dislike the Avs. Living in Denver being a fan of the Red Wings? There would be no 'neutral' feeling towards the Avs even in that situation. It's like a Habs fan living in Ontario. Rarely would they feel 'indifferent' about the Leafs.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Agreed. The intensity was just building especially going from 14 down to 1 this year. That was ridiculous haha.

Once I saw that we were guaranteed our top 2 pick I was happy.

Well. What do we do now. Jones seems like the obvious choice, but Mackinnon is very good. The Panthers might want back into 1st and may give up a little something to ensure they get Mackinnon.

Do we shock the world and go Mackinnon 1st overall. Do we trade down somewhere in the top 3 knowing we'll still get who we want?

Gonna be an interesting 2 months now. I would say we should all be prepared from multiple terrible proposals on the trade rumors thread though :laugh:.

18Mike18

Aug 3, 2007
BC
Im so happy, once i seen him open it, i knew it was the Avs logo, i assume we take Jones, but im happy whoever we get, and the fact that we can choose whoever we want. sad about FLA, but im sure they will be happy too after the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad