Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 16 HUT Thread #18

Nail

Mar 21, 2014
If anyone on Xbox one has some stuff they don't need and would like to send it over to me, I'm here!

Let me know haha

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Jesus just **** this game. Three games in a row i have outshot my competition with avg. 30-15 and lost all three, last one was the worst.
I have freaking Bishop 94 in net but he acts like a ****ing bronze goalie. I know some of you will say that i let in to many high scoring chances but that is not the case. Last game i lost 6-5.

1 goal, slapper after just entering the zone. No point in rushing him there as a goalie have those 99% of the time, alright bishop everyone has a bad day once in a while.

2nd goal, his only cross creaser with my AI defender having about an hour to break it up but he let it slip between the stick and the skate. acceptable yeah alright

3rd goal, breakaway goal on his only breakaway all game.

4th goal, broken play and a lousy wrister from the boards that somehow found the net. What the hell bishop.

5th goal same as the first goal, this time i was about to smash my controller. this was him getting the gwg 5-4. but fter that i tied the game with 11 sec to go which make the next goal really great

6th goal is him winning the faceoff, passing it to his winger who rushes down the boards, and when he reaches the redline at an impossible angle he fires a wrister which hits Bishops skate and in, at this time i was not even mad.

Is this the Momentum EA talks about, because i was up 3-0 and 12-3 shots in the first period, i have met people who plays this game to the extent that they know every glitch and were to shot to optimize the scoring chance, but trust me, this was a guy who shot desperately as soon he enters the zone. jesus christ....

Edit: How am i even supposed to win games when my goalie cant even maintain ah 0.6 save pct. While Corey crawford is flying across the net stopping everything, Bishop is letting basicly everything that is not a shot in the chest.

Last edited:

Boragina91

Mar 13, 2012
Man, the beta for 17 was more stable than 16. First time playing since the Beta, and I could only play 2 games. Not because of gameplay difference, but because MacKinnon's contract is up. Every time I try and apply a contract, i get the good old 'Failed to retrieve data' prompt. Good to be back.

Malinator

Feb 13, 2012
Doesn't seem like many people are left playing on here. Anyone have 98 or 99 jagr. Or mov/toty Thornton?

Malinator

Feb 13, 2012
Nah he really isn't that good lol but hilarious I use him with mov Thornton who had an A so he's 99 too and mov bjugstad. They annihilate everyone.

Last edited:

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Nah he really isn't that good lol but hilarious I use him with mov Thornton who had an A so he's 99 too and mov bjugstad. They annihilate everyone.

I don't know but i think EA slowed him down a bit, forst games he was a machine, insane shooting and overall fast easy maneuvered. Now i feel that he get out of stamina very fast and isn't as fast/agile as he was. Could be wrong but maybe the OP of him made EA push the sliders a little bit.

Aug 6, 2012
Well since it feels like nobody plays 16 anymore... what are your final teams looking like? Pretty happy with mine

MOV Domi - MOV Larkin - MOV Duclair
Panarin - TOTW Kuznetsov - SC Kucherov
Gaudreau - Galchenyuk - Hossa
TOTW Marchand - TOTW Bjugstad - Helm

POTG Reilly - TOTW Ekblad
POTG Brodie - Green
Chara - Burns

POTG Mrazek

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Forsberg(93)-Duchene(88)-Larkin(91) (Good first line, really like Duchenes hands and agility)
Ho-Sang(87)-Staal(88)-Ehlers(88) (Big center, fast wingers with deadly wristers)
Vrbata(87)-Kesler(87)-Scott(99) (good third line, vrbata with the snipes and scott as goon)
Hagelin(84)-Gaustad(82)-Helm(85) (defensive fast energic fourth line)

Lindholm(91)-Larsson(93) (Good first pairing, lindholm has been amazing)
Murray(88)-Burns(88) (Burns is kind of hard to manuever but works fine)
Hedman(88)-Voynov(86) (Voynov is underrated, amazing skating)

Bishop(94) (is ****, bronze goalie with five hole bigger than the pacific ocean)
Lehner(84) (decen for his rating)

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
What is everyone's strategy once you start 17? I think I might be grinding out Draft Champions for a while and work the market. Want to try and spend as little money as possible this time around.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
What is everyone's strategy once you start 17? I think I might be grinding out Draft Champions for a while and work the market. Want to try and spend as little money as possible this time around.

Ye me too. Gonna grind alot and trying to put together a decent team, and when I feel like playing ill just head over to regular versus.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Don't want to make a new thread for 17. I'll let Jonesey be the one to make the decision when its needed to make one, but I'll post this here for now.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Is the NHL series the only one that does the stupid "get a pack each week for the next 11 months" when you preorder the game garbage? MLB gives you like 25 packs right away for preordering. You can open them whenever you want, and that makes them far more valuable because a pack in week one of the game is far more valuable than a pack 4 months later. Why can't they just give you the 20 packs up front so you have a good team to start with? That's so frustrating.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
And exactly why I'm skipping the deluxe edition this year, not to mention last year they just simply stopped giving me my packs after about 12 weeks, kept telling me they had an open ticket with support and never got resolved.

Just buy regular edition, spend the $20 difference on day one packs. Always found with EA packs are far more loaded off the bat to create a false market.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00