NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Hopefully next week's crop of SOTWs is better than this weeks because this week's d-men are all crap. Not one of them worth over 50k. If I'm gonna buy 5-6 of those huge packs, I'm hoping to get at least one SOTW and it better be a good one. The last two SOTW players I've gotten were SOTW Reinhart and SOTW Salo. Neither one of them is worth much.

I agree, I've gotten a Reinhart in a free pack, was pissed.
Such a waste of time with the WJC SOTW barring RNH

ChillX

Oct 8, 2012
Just saw Eric Staal make it through the hour mark 10k BIN. Had to put up Burrows 1k BIN so I could afford him then I remembered the sponsor video...

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Does anyone have any suggestions on what this lineup needs or what to do with it? I only have about 4k pucks but I have about half a trade pile of 250 buy now contracts.
How does this lineup look for a low budget team and do I need any improvements?
Salary: 29,130
Team Chem: 88
Forwards:
R. Malone (84) - H. Sedin (87) - Z. Kassian (83) Chem: 86
N. Spaling (82) - D. Legwand (85) - M. Erat (85) Chem: 95
L. Korpikoski (84) - G.Brule (83) - R. Vrbata (83) Chem: 95
A. McDonald (83) - P. Berglund (84) - M. D'Agostini (83) Chem: 99
Defense:
T. Gleason (83) - J. McBain (83) Chem: 84
B. Orpik (82) - Z. Michalek (84) Chem: 78
L. Sbisa (84) - A. Aucoin (81) Chem: 75
Goaltending:
M. Ruzicka (84)
D. Dubnyk (84)
Scratched:
J. Blum (83)
E. Brewer (83)
T. Erixon (80)
J. Jagr (83)
A. Stralman (81)
B. Little (84)
B. Sutter (85)
M. Zuccarello (80)
R. Reaves (83)
J. Theodore (84)
Edit: most of the contracts have sold, I have 6.4 k now.

Last edited:

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Does anyone have any suggestions on what this lineup needs or what to do with it? I only have about 4k pucks but I have about half a trade pile of 250 buy now contracts.
How does this lineup look for a low budget team and do I need any improvements?
Salary: 29,130
Team Chem: 88
Forwards:
R. Malone (84) - H. Sedin (87) - Z. Kassian (83) Chem: 86
N. Spaling (82) - D. Legwand (85) - M. Erat (85) Chem: 95
L. Korpikoski (84) - G.Brule (83) - R. Vrbata (83) Chem: 95
A. McDonald (83) - P. Berglund (84) - M. D'Agostini (83) Chem: 99
Defense:
T. Gleason (83) - J. McBain (83) Chem: 84
B. Orpik (82) - Z. Michalek (84) Chem: 78
L. Sbisa (84) - A. Aucoin (81) Chem: 75
Goaltending:
M. Ruzicka (84)
D. Dubnyk (84)
Scratched:
J. Blum (83)
E. Brewer (83)
T. Erixon (80)
J. Jagr (83)
A. Stralman (81)
B. Little (84)
B. Sutter (85)
M. Zuccarello (80)
R. Reaves (83)
J. Theodore (84)
Edit: most of the contracts have sold, I have 6.4 k now.

Sell off Sedin and get yourself a complete top line.

In your budget, you should be able to grab the SJ line. 99 chem, more general skill, fast, great faceoff center...

Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Sell off Sedin and get yourself a complete top line.

In your budget, you should be able to grab the SJ line. 99 chem, more general skill, fast, great faceoff center...

Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski

I can't sell Sedin, unfortunately. I got him in a free pack.

JumboThornton92

May 20, 2010
Atlantic Canada
More and more people have stacked teams now. I often outshoot and puck possession them but their shooting overalls are much higher than my goal-tending overalls...

Got Dan Boyle and Brian Campbell for 5,000 Pucks combined today though :)

Billy Mays Here*

Also, just nabbed a SOTW Letang for Reg Phaneuf and Chara. Not bad, not bad.

WTF? How the hell did you manage to do that? Did you just send him a random trade offer or did you look him up on the web and contact him first asking what he wants? Jeez. . . why can't I ever find these people who will accept really bad trade offers? God that pisses me off. I work hard for four+ months to make 500k+ pucks and you basically make that much profit with one simple trade.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
WTF? How the hell did you manage to do that? Did you just send him a random trade offer or did you look him up on the web and contact him first asking what he wants? Jeez. . . why can't I ever find these people who will accept really bad trade offers? God that pisses me off. I work hard for four+ months to make 500k+ pucks and you basically make that much profit with one simple trade.

Looking at what i'm getting for SOTW Stamkos, I made about 1m off that steal. This Letang is super nice, but nothing compares.

All about right place right time. I've worked damn hard myself, done the small stuff, learned the ropes (didn't play HUT before, so this was all new to me)

Billy Mays Here*

Here's a pic of a pack a guy over on the EA forums opened and I think you all need to see this because there's simply no words. He also got a SOTW Leddy in it that isn't shown because he already sent it to his collection.

13020003.jpg

Looking at what i'm getting for SOTW Stamkos, I made about 1m off that steal. This Letang is super nice, but nothing compares.

All about right place right time. I've worked damn hard myself, done the small stuff, learned the ropes (didn't play HUT before, so this was all new to me)

Tell me though, did you just send him a random offer for it or was there more to it? I'd really like to start making some pucks via trade offers instead of struggling along making 1 or 2k off of buying low and selling higher. If it's a "super secret" just pm me, I won't tell anyone.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Here's a pic of a pack a guy over on the EA forums opened and I think you all need to see this because there's simply no words. He also got a SOTW Leddy in it that isn't shown because he already sent it to his collection.

13020003.jpg

Tell me though, did you just send him a random offer for it or was there more to it? I'd really like to start making some pucks via trade offers instead of struggling along making 1 or 2k off of buying low and selling higher. If it's a "super secret" just pm me, I won't tell anyone.

I abuse two tricks. One I won't part with, and the other (which has served me well also) I will. And that's appeal to overalls in trades.

Look at the amount of owners, try and identify people who just pulled the guy from the pack and might be a little more doe-eyed.

Cheap guys like Horton who are 87 overall look mighty appealing, especially if the person is more interested in skill than value. You each win. It's landed me a Stamkos before, among other things.

Billy Mays Here*

I abuse two tricks. One I won't part with, and the other (which has served me well also) I will. And that's appeal to overalls in trades.

Look at the amount of owners, try and identify people who just pulled the guy from the pack and might be a little more doe-eyed.

Cheap guys like Horton who are 87 overall look mighty appealing, especially if the person is more interested in skill than value. You each win. It's landed me a Stamkos before, among other things.

I bet the other one is somehow finding the owner via the web and asking them what they want. I've heard of others on the forum doing that.

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
My way of making pucks is offering trades on start price on high end cards I know will sell for much more like example last night a guy had Crosby up for 250k and offer via trade that amount and he accepts because he cant be bothered to wait for it to sell and just flipped for 320k. This way requires having a large puck supply to start but make crazy pucks like that.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Man what a stingy f***ing bast***. I offered Benn SOTW and Burrows SOTW for this guys Eberle SOTW. Which is already an over extension. Tell me if I'm wrong here but I'm assuming he'd be ok with getting the start price he has it at. He has the Start Price at $176K. No BIN. I just don't understand the market and how a 90 overall player with a pretty good name, Jamie Benn is no bum. Goes for crap, noone's buying a $100K BIN...

I'm just temped to sell the Benn and Burrows for $176K and get the Eberle. But of course someone else will outbid me and I'm out of 2 roster players. And I don't know if he'll raise the price up on it after this 30 mins expires. And I don't want to message him becuase well, he's a stingy bast***. -.-

Edit: Thinking way over my head in the heat of the moment. I do know Eberle SOTW goes for over $200K. Or so that's what I always see him at. It's still not a bad offer. And considering he has a BID price of $176 I keep assuming that's the value he wants. I just sent a crazy offer, IMO. Not saying I love what I sent..

Last edited:

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Eberle is more valuable on name alone and Burrows is worth like 30k max and Jamie Benn 70-100k so I can see why he rejected.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Eberle is more valuable on name alone and Burrows is worth like 30k max and Jamie Benn 70-100k so I can see why he rejected.

I've never seen a Jamie Benn under $100K. There's no way, if that was to happen HUT is f***ed up majorly. He's a 90 Overall player legit, that would be ridiculous. I think he just wants instant pucks. That offer I sent is far from insulting, unless the person is a greedy bast***.

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
Brace yourselves..... .... SOTW Zetterberg is coming. Well, just my guess based on his performance this week right off a minor injury. Hoping for some good D-men as well.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I've never seen a Jamie Benn under $100K. There's no way, if that was to happen HUT is f***ed up majorly. He's a 90 Overall player legit, that would be ridiculous. I think he just wants instant pucks. That offer I sent is far from insulting, unless the person is a greedy bast***.

The offer is 50k pucks off at the very least so I don't know why he would've done it. I certainly wouldnt have.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I wish they would make a SOTW Tarasenko or Conacher :( Just make them 82 overall, I don't care. I just want them in HUT :( I know it won't happen.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Brace yourselves..... .... SOTW Zetterberg is coming. Well, just my guess based on his performance this week right off a minor injury. Hoping for some good D-men as well.

Again. There's already been two releases of Zetter, at two different overalls :P

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012

Haha, I think those are xbox prices, but either way... it's not like your offer was crazy. Though I know you know that now.

Eberle's price is high because he's fun to play with. He got a rare +5 on his SOTW boost, he's a speedy dangler... he's part of a really fun line to use... So many things work in his favor. Benn is a big time fav of mine, but even I know he can't touch Eb's price.

Name > Skill. I can go get a Nathan Horton for 10k, who is an 87, or Pat Kane for 37k and he's an 84.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad