NFL 2023

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It was funny when Mahomes signed his deal there was lots of heat about him taking too much of the cap on the Chiefs, thus making the team around him not as good long-term.

Now that doesn't look too crazy.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Aaron Rodgers takes a pay cut and agrees to a 2-year, $75 million deal with the Jets​

Only in the NFL can you "take a pay cut" and still make 37 million a year, lol. He could just come in and purchase all 9 CFL teams if he likes, and still have money left over for pizza and ice cream and a yacht .

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Interesting that the Jays unveiled their plans for renovating Rogers Centre.

Judging by the article it was quite adamant that they are designing it for a baseball only venue.

I know there was no immediate plans to play any NFL games there, but it appears they probably will never get a NFL game there ever again.

Aaron Rodgers takes a pay cut and agrees to a 2-year, $75 million deal with the Jets​

Only in the NFL can you "take a pay cut" and still make 37 million a year, lol. He could just come in and purchase all 9 CFL teams if he likes, and still have money left over for pizza and ice cream and a yacht .
Not really a Rodgers fan at all, but I'll give the guy credit. A team he has no ties to and goes ahead and does this?

Really must want to give the middle finger to the Packers and try win a super bowl in New York.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

If he could please bring some of the pizza and ice cream to Commonwealth, we are begging for any scraps of food.

Reactions: brentashton

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Victor Cui asked for a pack of red twizzerls. No one responded. Such a sad situation.
My son and I actually had a pretty good time at the Hamilton game. Of course, I am in "don't really give a shit " mode at this point since it seems hopeless, so it's much easier to deal with that way. Had a few beers, some great onion rings, saw some pretty good plays (mostly by Hamilton) and most of all, the enjoyment of the company of #2 son.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Jonathan Taylor creating drama for the colts smh. Thinks he deserves to be paid 16 million plus a year all because he had one good season two years ago. He missed 7 games last year. Barely had over 800 yards, and only 4 touchdowns. Good lord. Sorry. You don’t deserve the max. His agent is terrible. Sick of these players having one good season and thinking they need a max deal.

As if 10 million a year isn’t enough. I love JT, but get over yourself man.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

So…he can’t read? News at 11.

Better tab all the defense plays in the playbook otherwise he might think he should be studying running routes and kick return formations. I’m guessing he was a Communications major in college as well.

Seriously though, have to be impressed that an Oline draftee could get to the level of fitness of an NFL WR. That is impressive.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Jonathan Taylor creating drama for the colts smh. Thinks he deserves to be paid 16 million plus a year all because he had one good season two years ago. He missed 7 games last year. Barely had over 800 yards, and only 4 touchdowns. Good lord. Sorry. You don’t deserve the max. His agent is terrible. Sick of these players having one good season and thinking they need a max deal.

As if 10 million a year isn’t enough. I love JT, but get over yourself man.
I get why they do it because if you have a bad season the team has no issues cutting you. Especially at the running back position where guys are superstars one year and then can be a plug the next year. Injuries grab these guys rather quickly at times as well.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I get why they do it because if you have a bad season the team has no issues cutting you. Especially at the running back position where guys are superstars one year and then can be a plug the next year. Injuries grab these guys rather quickly at times as well.
Agreed, and Zeke Elliott says hi. Only thing is, they let him hang around probably a couple years too long.

What could possibly go wrong?

Well, they have a live buffalo at the Colorado Buffalos college games, and those bison aren't exactly p***ycats if they get riled up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad