Speculation: Next Year's Predictions

Wedregast

Mar 26, 2009
I think its too soon to do this. We have no idea if we are getting any new players from f/a pickups, trades, or waiver wire yet. One or two KEY new additions to the team could drastically change the outlook (at least on paper) of our team. I'd wait til training camp before doing a poll like this.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I think its too soon to do this. We have no idea if we are getting any new players from f/a pickups, trades, or waiver wire yet. One or two KEY new additions to the team could drastically change the outlook (at least on paper) of our team. I'd wait til training camp before doing a poll like this.

Exactly, but I picked "Conference Finals and beyond" just cause I'm a glass-half full kind of guy.

Need to see who the goalie will be, who the #1RW will be, whether or not we bring in another top-4D.

Either way, I expect to see this team improve. If Bailey and KO have truly arrived, if Nelson gives us more than Aucoin(which is pretty likely), if Strome or Nino emerge as legit options for JT's RW, and if JT continues to see his overall game develop: I think we'll improve even if we roll out the same defense + a prospect and the same goaltending.

I expect next year to be the Islanders transitioning from bottom-seed to middle-seed, and then in another year or two I expect them to contend for one of the top-spots in the East.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
The options should have been this:

bottom 5 team
bubble team just missing the playoffs
bubble team just making the playoffs
good seeding, but aren't contenders for the cup yet
contenders for the cup

Anything could happen in the playoffs, can't predict them to lose in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
yeah its too early to really tell, although i really dont expect major improvements via FA or trade...as such I think this team will show flashes of brilliance intertwined with months of mediocrity. They will lack the consistancy that true contenders have and will again loaf around the bottom of the playoff picture.

I expect the first half of the season to be rough as guys will be trying to do too much and live up to the playoff hype...

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I am not voting until 1st regular season game, hopefully in BROOKLYN.

Too early and too much can go wrong or right.

:D

Last edited:

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
assuming that we sign Nabby, lose Boyes and Streit...

i like the young guys on the cusp, but our inexperience will show, and we'll just miss.

any significant additions, and we are probably re-playing the success of the year that just passed.

startainfection*

stanley cup champs, for their potentially last season in nassau

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
With the same goaltender I voted for the same result as last season.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my vote as the roster changes.;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad