Post-Game Talk: Next year, let's decline the California trip, Habs lose 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
He also suggested that Jordie Benn was a viable option to pair with Weber.

He's either the world's greatest troll or the hockey's worst judge of talent . I'm guessing it's the latter.

And to think when MB was hired he was touted as being one of the best at evaluating talent. I'll admit when MB was hired I thought it was a good move for the Habs. He came from a successful franchise and everything said about him was positive so I expected things to finally change. Boy was I wrong and re-hiring MT should've been my first clue that it was only gonna be more of the same. :(

Reactions: Runner77

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
And to think when MB was hired he was touted as being one of the best at evaluating talent. I'll admit when MB was hired I thought it was a good move for the Habs. He came from a successful franchise and everything said about him was positive so I expected things to finally change. Boy was I wrong and re-hiring MT should've been my first clue that it was only gonna be more of the same. :(

Yep. I had the same outlook at the time. Compared to Gauthier he seemed like a perfect fit for this town. Said all the right things, was personable, came from a modern dynasty in Chicago. MT hire was the first flag for me as well. First of many.

E82

Feb 3, 2015
I'm enjoying this so much, you guys have no idea. Let the whole thing crumble, maybe even a change in ownership. Just one or two more active posters to switch sides and we're good. The rest have long disappeared lmao

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
The drip feed to the French media said Markov hated Subban, hated him so much he invited him to his wedding. For a supposedly classy organization they’re not so classy yes Subban can be annoying, too hyper but he’s a decent guy. Bergevin has showed himself to be nothing but petty and stupid

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Let me preface this by saying that I'm completely not a Leafs fans coming in peace. Rather I'm a bitter and sad panda of a Wings fan. :thumbd: But, as a complete outsider, what the Leafs have done (which the Wings did first) and what the Habs should take after is realise that f*** it, we're one of the richest teams in the league and there is no cap restraint on management/coaching/scouting.

The Leafs went out and bought the best available managemnt and have apparently increased their scouting department. And of course paid the best coach available a shit ton of money. They lucked out on Matthews but Shanahan personally talked to his friends and pros in Sweden about Nylander and determined that all the 'diva' rumors were BS and was extremely happy he fell to the Leafs at #8. They've uncovered Zaitsev as a FA, ditto two Swedes that seem to fit on the bottom pair with the possibility of moving up. None of the players costing them anything except for money of which they have plenty. They swung the fence on Liljegren although the jury is still out on him and are not afraid of picks that are projects (again what the Wings used to do, dammit all).

The Leafs also weren't afraid of dealing their best players for pennies of the dollar and 'losing' the trade. As Babcock said, there will be pain but for the Habs to turn it around you'll need to start at the top.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Sure no problem say the other General Managers we'll take them and help you with your rebuild Mr Molson . we'll take Pacioretty as is.. but with Price and Weber you need to retain 30 % on each player for remainder of their contracts and were giving you nothing in return because were helping you enough just by taking the players . There will be no rebuild happening in Montreal fans need to get over the frustration and realize this is the team they have.. On top of that you expect Molson to fire Bergevin and Julien and still have to pay them for another 5 years to do nothing . Combined over the 5 years that's around 40 000 000 he'd be giving away its not ever going to happen.

Yoy retain parts of the salaries no problem. Also you could use Julien in a trade.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
giphy.gif
That's hilarious. Still, the Montoya thread is where it truly belongs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad