Next season’s line-up

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
IMO this is completely unrealistic because if we get a top 3 pick this year, there is no way we would trade EK for pure futures. We will not risk giving a top 3 pick to Colorado after just trading EK. We would likely get at least 2 pieces ready to step into NHL or 1 big time piece ready to make a difference in top pairing role or top 6 role.

Well realistic , it may be a little doomsday.. but.. realistically can we "expect" a top 3 pick... I don't know for sure but I think we may have better odds to get a pick below 3rd. I have 1 top line winger coming in , and 1 D man.. that , if its a young buck like a Theodore , may slide up and take someones spot but that's TBD... feel free to move him up... We may get one other NHL player out of the deal so replace one that's there in the lineup...

Realistically, If we don't pick top 3 , and say pick 5th, that player will not step in... If we get two NHL bodies in the Hoff , Karlsson return.. they are pencilled in;

If you feel we realistically get more NHL bodies ... pencil them in and take your pick on who you move out and where they slot in.feel free to move the new D up from where I have him

The 1st we gave to Colorado is gone... I do not think decisions will be based on projecting where that pick may be in 2019. And you keep saying top 3 pick.. it "realistically" will be lower than that

Last edited:

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Start with Stone, Duchene, Dzingle, Pyatt, Chabot, and Boro. It's a crap-shoot after that.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Well realistic , it may be a little doomsday.. but.. realistically can we "expect" a top 3 pick... I don't know for sure but I think we may have better odds to get a pick below 3rd. I have 1 top line winger coming in , and 1 D man.. that , if its a young buck like a Theodore , may slide up and take someones spot but that's TBD... feel free to move him up... We may get one other NHL player out of the deal so replace one that's there in the lineup...

Realistically, If we don't pick top 3 , and say pick 5th, that player will not step in... If we get two NHL bodies in the Hoff , Karlsson return.. they are pencilled in;

If you feel we realistically get more NHL bodies ... pencil them in and take your pick on who you move out and where they slot in.feel free to move the new D up from where I have him

My fault. I didn’t notice your xxxxxxx

If we trade EK, Hoffman and Ryan this is what I wish/impact expect to see:

Kane-Duchene-Fabbri
Dzingel-Brown-Stone
Tuch-Pageau-Kyrou
Zadina/Tkachuk-White-Smith

Claesson-Theodore
Chabot-Ceci
Harpur-Boro

AHL: Suzuki/Glass, Brannstrom, Chlapik, Wolanin, Jaros, Englund, Batherson etc

I think we throw 2 year 12/13 mil contracts to Kane or JVR so we can stay at cap floor and not ice totally youth or inexperienced lineup

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
hoffman - duchene - white
formenton - brown - stone
smith - pageau - batherson
dzingel - chlapik - pyatt

dahlin - karlsson
chabot - ceci
claesson - jaros

gustavsson
condon

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hoffman-Duchene-White
Chlapik-Brown-Stone
Formenton-Pageau-Dzingel
Paajarvi-McCormick-Pyatt

Trade Ryan and Smith

Chabot-Karlsson
Dahlin-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Probably sign a youngish FA forward to hit the cap floor. Re-sign Stone 7.5Mx7, Duchene 7Mx7, Karlsson 10Mx8z

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
hoffman - duchene - white
formenton - brown - stone
smith - pageau - batherson
dzingel - chlapik - pyatt

dahlin - karlsson
chabot - ceci
claesson - jaros

gustavsson
condon

No way Gustafson is the starter next year. Doubt he’s even in the nhl next season.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
trying to keep this realistic while keeping karlsson (cant believe i have to write this sentence like this) and assuming we win the lottery

sens get dahlin
sens trade zack smith+something to get a late first (most people were saying his value was around a 2nd)
buyout burrows(or trade him if possible)
sign local boy calvin dehaan to 4 years 4.5 per
give stone 6 years 7 per year
give ceci a 2 year bridge deal that should keep him under 4 million per year

Hoffman-Duchene-White
Ryan-Pageau-Stone
Dzingel-Brown-Gaborik(could flip white and gaborik)
MPS-Paul-Pyatt
Mccormick

CDH-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Dahlin-Claesson/Boro (maybe harpur instead of claesson)

Anderson
Condon

defence look significantly better, even if we dont get dahlin, that top 4 looks a lot better then what we started this year with lol
offence looks spread out with a nice injection of youth, this is obviously assuming gaborik doesnt retire, if he does use that 4.5 million in actual salary for a forward in FA (or maybe a defence upgrade if we dont get dahlin)

most important thing is getting that defence upgrade because while our goalies have been shit this year, if they had a bit more support im sure they can bounce back

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
lmao no offense but 2 of the best UFA available are not signing 2 year deals, let alone at 6M per, let alone for one of the biggest tire fire organizations in the league

I bet JVR gets the same contract Turris got, or at least in that ballpark.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
Stone - Pageau - DeBrincat
Pyatt - Smith - Dzingel
Hayden- McCormick - Paajarvi

Keith - Ceci
Harpur - Chabot
Boro - Claesson - Wideman

Callups : White, Chlapik, Batherson, Englund, Jaros

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
Pyatt - Smith - Dzingel
Keith - Ceci
Harpur - Chabot

i know it involves karlsson going the other way but how did we dump gaborik and get keith and debrincat

im so confused lol

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
i know it involves karlsson going the other way but how did we dump gaborik and get keith and debrincat

im so confused lol

I just bought Gaborik out using the #MelnykOut billboard money. By June it should be at around $4M :sarcasm::laugh:

Chicago has to move money and Ottawa will save a bit. Sens won't retool , but it will be a bridge year with the young guns getting NHL ready in Belleville

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I think Loui Eriksson's contract is more or less what JVR will get from the market/leafs if they keep him. Maybe the team that signs him won't come to regret the contract as much as Vancouver loathes Eriksson's but stats are comparable there.

The Redden Rocket

Nov 15, 2015
Southern Ontario
Karlsson, Smith, Hoffman out.

Tried to keep it simple without adding trades or who might be picked 1st round this year. Definitely could be better and hopefully what they trade the 3 above for helps the team next year. They keep Ryan to max Karlsson.

xxxx - Duchene - White
Ryan - Brown - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Pyatt
Pääjärvi - Paul - Burrows
McCormick Gaborik

Chabot - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman
Borowiecki - Claesson

Anderson
Condon

McArthur LTIR
Phaneuf Retained Salary

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
- Draft 2nd or 3rd and pick up Svechnikov (or Zadina)
- Trade Zack Smith for a pick or 2
- Trade (with retention if needed), waive, buy out or bury Burrows
- Stone (7.0 x 8 years), Karlsson (10.5 x 8 years), Ceci (4.2 x 5 years), Wideman (1.2 x 2 years) extended.

More moves could be coming but hard to predict at this point so I'm going with what the roster should look like (so far)

Hoffman-Duchene-Svechnikov
Ryan-Pageau-Stone
Dzingel-White-Gaborik
Paul-Chlapik-Pyatt
McCormick

Claesson-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman
Harpur

Anderson
Condon

Prospects pushing who could possibly get games (or claim a spot in some cases) : Brown, Batherson, Formenton, Gagne, Luchuk, Perron, Jaros, Englund, Wolanin, Lajoie, Pokka, Hogberg, etc

I didn't do the math for the salary expenditure but the cap hit is around 65.0 M$ for that team, so even under budget!

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
So, no one is listing Wikstrand in the lineup - what's the plan for him? He's looking really good over here in Sweden. Could he at least be traded?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Hoffman - Duchene - Ryan
Pyatt - Smith - Dzingel

Keith - Ceci
Harpur - Chabot

There's no way Chicago with their cap hell trade Keith and Debrincat for a UFA to be.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Bold moves prediction!

Ryan (10% retained) + 1st 2021 + Perron
For
Max Domi

Smith traded at draft for a 2018 2nd round pick.

DeHaan signed 5 x $4.25M

Hoffman - Duchene - White
Domi - JGP - Stone
Dzingel - Brown - Formenton
Paajarvi - McCormick - Pyatt

Chabot - Karlsson
DeHaan - Ceci
Boro - Harpur
Wideman/Claesson

Anderson
Condon

Reactions: Sensinitis

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I like the DeHaan signing. He’s just 26 and from around here, seems like a good fit to play with Karlsson or Ceci. If he’s not too pricey that can be sexy.

Domi is interesting too, especially if we manage to unload Ryan in that deal lol.

Both are additions in line with getting younger and faster.

Zorf, I am hoping that you are actually Pierre Dorion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad