Proposal: Next Bruins Coach - Let's discuss.

Spoon fed

Nov 28, 2005
There is certainly a high probability that Caude will be shown the gate. IF/when that happens:

1.) Who is even out there worth considering for the job?
2.) Why would they be the right candidate for the job?

I'm not looking to argue for or against keeping Claude; this is merely to start some discussion about a potential new coach and who would / could best help this organization.

I started a new thread because I didn't see anything truely aimed at discussing the "next" coach. If there is something better that I missed, mods please merge / delete.

Bruins14

Jun 28, 2011
UMass Lowell Coach Norm Bazin. He gets the most out of his players, and they get better each year under him

Spoon fed

Nov 28, 2005
I'm not sold on Cassidy either.

Should we go the college / juniors / non-nhl coaching route (like the Flyers did with Hakstol) or a re-tread NHL coach (i.e. Crawford)?

I personally think that Donato might be worth a look.

Kirk Muller or John Stevens worth a look as well.

I'm not on the Adam Oates bandwagon. Love him as a player, but I don't think he's the right personality for this franchise.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
From the available coaches with NHL experience.. Nobody really.
Maybe Guy Boucher has learned his lesson.
And maybe Darryl Sutter parts ways with LA.
I would give that awesome Finnish coach a try, forgot his name. Why not.
Adam Oates was my favorite player but hell no.

And 1 thing I know for sure - Claude will be very successful with any other team that would come after Bruins.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My picks:

Kevin Dineen or if he gets fired from Arizona, Dave Tippett (They canned his boss today).

Who I don't want:

Anyone with current or previous ties to this organization.

So no Cassidy, Donato, Oates, or Milbury

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Don't care as long as he is up tempo.

I am sick of watching the chip and chase Bruins, with no offensive flow, pass back to blue line repeat type of guys.

This team isn't going to be great, so I might as well be entertained, enough NJ type of hockey, bring back the flowing 80s.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
I like Dineen as 1st choice
Also like the Leeman guy, but don't profess to know a lot about him.

Some other off the radar guys:

Kurt Kleindorst
Troy Ward
Ron Rolston
Rob Riley

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
My picks:

Kevin Dineen or if he gets fired from Arizona, Dave Tippett (They canned his boss today).

Who I don't want:

Anyone with current or previous ties to this organization.

So no Cassidy, Donato, Oates, or Milbury

Tippett isn't going anywhere, he's going to basically be Co-GM. He's going to have a lot of say for players coming in and out. More than he already does.

I'd be one to vote for, in desire for most to least, Dineen, Leaman from Providence College, or Guy Boucher.

I want Sacco gone. His in ability to adapt the PP when Spooner, Krejci, and Eriksson went through cold stretches was infuriating. Now, I can't fault him for the lack of a defenseman to play the point outside of Krug, but having shots filtered to the point over and over only for Krejci to shot wide or into players was very frustrating to watch.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Milbury

I kid.... Heard them bring it up again on the hub a bit ago. As stated above, something that gets away from the craptastic boring ass system that has been here. If your going to miss the playoffs, at least entertain me for the season.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Personally I want a highly regarded college coach. Someone with ZERO ties to the organization.

Judging how the TD went who the hell knows what they do. Theyll probably make a bad decision.

Bearclaw

Jul 25, 2013
California
I'm seeing Dineen a lot on here. What's the draw to him? Pardon my ignorance but I have zero clue what system he runs.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
Whoever it is... He needs to be willing to play the young guns and give them a longer leash. Not leave your best goal scorer off the top PP. Not fall in love with veterans that can't play.

Spoon fed

Nov 28, 2005
I think Nate Leaman could be an excellent choice for the team. It would be a risk obviously, but the man can coach and LOVES the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad