Next 9 games true test?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Our next 9 game stretch could potentially be a huge tone setter for our season.

2 of our next 3 games are against a highly talented Tampa team.

After that we have 6 division games in a row starting with a back to back against the PENs...

If we really dig in and countinue to play great hockey and win 5 or 6 out of the 9, I think it will give us a huge boost and send us on a real nice roll...

Out of a possible 18pts I think if we get 12 or 13 that would be great.

Thoughts.

FLA W- TBL L- TBL W- PIT W- PIT W- PHI W- WSH W WSH L -NJD W.

Last edited:

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014

After that we have 6 division games in a row starting with a back to back against the PENs...

If we really dig in and countinue to play great hockey and win 5 or 6 out of the 9, I think it will give us a huge boost and send us on a real nice roll...

Thoughts.

FLA- TBL- TBL- PIT- PIT- PHI- WSH- WSH- NJD

Friday is a bit of a trap game against Florida. Tampa Bay could be a split or a sweep either way. Ditto for Pittsburgh. Washington = Tampa. Ultimately, losing to Florida on Friday would concern me.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
My predictions:

FLA - W
TBL - L
TBL - W
PIT - W
PIT - L
PHI - W
WSH - W
WSH - L
NJD - W

12 pts. If we get more I will be a happy camper.

Last edited:

Knoxville555

Mar 30, 2012

Thoughts.

Out of all of those games, We are only losing one. One of the back to backs against the Pens. The rest are all wins.

Baeron

Jun 28, 2011
In fact, I'd be happy with 9 points or more. That stretch is brutal. And let's not forget. The Last four wins were all against teams that had some problems, or were simply bad. That's not to take anything away from the Isles. But that next stretch includes teams that are not only good on paper, but are firing on all cylinders. So if we come out of that with a .500 score or more, I'd take it.

sorondoe

IslAnders
Oct 10, 2012
Ballroom A
In fact, I'd be happy with 9 points or more. That stretch is brutal. And let's not forget. The Last four wins were all against teams that had some problems, or were simply bad. That's not to take anything away from the Isles. But that next stretch includes teams that are not only good on paper, but are firing on all cylinders. So if we come out of that with a .500 score or more, I'd take it.

I agree, if we can get 9-11 points it would go a long way I think. If it's more it's just awesome. Honestly, 7-8 Points wouldn't kill us completely either.

nthill93

Aug 27, 2014
Glen Cove
will our schedule ever get easier??? first were out west now we come home to 3 home to homes. im hoping we can go 6-2-1. tampa is probably the best team out of all of them so we should be able to steal the home game from them or atleast go OT. the rangers shut out the pens and were obviously better than the rangers so we should win those or go to OT. the caps we will probably go 1 and 1 and jersey should be relatively easy game. We just gotta watch for injuries its a long stretch of games

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
will our schedule ever get easier??? first were out west now we come home to 3 home to homes. im hoping we can go 6-2-1. tampa is probably the best team out of all of them so we should be able to steal the home game from them or atleast go OT. the rangers shut out the pens and were obviously better than the rangers so we should win those or go to OT. the caps we will probably go 1 and 1 and jersey should be relatively easy game. We just gotta watch for injuries its a long stretch of games

I have a feeling we are going to own Tampa...they get us on a back to back and we get them on a back to back at home but the way our D is playing right now we may be able to throttle them, their defense is downright miserable and Bishop is saving their butts...even so they are still allowing tons of goals...if we play a tight game vs them with our offense I think we can win big. The key vs the Pens will be not to take penalties, thats the best way we can shoot ourselves in the foot.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006

Thoughts.

Every Span of games is Important.
I would say the same about any 9 games and say we need to win most of them.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Every Span of games is Important.
I would say the same about any 9 games and say we need to win most of them.

Considering its november, the quality of teams,the back to backs, and the consecutive divisional games I would say this span is a bit different.

But in general I agree with you, the first 82 game span is real important.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau

i looked into this before, we dont even play our first game against buffalo until the end of december

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Considering its november, the quality of teams,the back to backs, and the consecutive divisional games I would say this span is a bit different.

But in general I agree with you, the first 82 game span is real important.

No span of games is less important then the next. All 82 games hold Equal Value

GusTheo

Sep 14, 2011
Man people are feeling confident here. Not saying it's not warranted, but to think we're going to beat any of these teams easily is a little crazy.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland

Well, the Kings didn't have problems. The Ducks I'll give you, although even with those guys out I'd still call them an above average team. Colorado yes, although they beat us down last game. It was a good sign that they shook that off and went at them hard.

Aside from that, we have beaten good teams this year. Tampa will be a test, as well as Pittsburgh after, but we've at least proven that we can hang with anybody.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Our schedule has actually not been that tough...our strength of schedule currently ranks 23rd in the league...you cannot sort the SOS on that link but you can see its .551 and many teams are higher.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/stats/rpi

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Our schedule has actually not been that tough...our strength of schedule currently ranks 23rd in the league...you cannot sort the SOS on that link but you can see its .551 and many teams are higher.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/stats/rpi

Thanks to some slow starts, but going into the season these first 15 games were considered a possible death sentence. 10 of our first 15 were against playoff teams from last year, including the Cup champs, EC champs, Presidents Trophy winners and the runner up to the Presidents Trophy. Not to mention the early West Coast trip, which killed us last year.

Colorado's collapse, as well as the sluggish starts by Dallas and NYR probably makes our run look less impressive than it is, but if you told anyone on October 9th that we would be 10-5(6-3 on the road) by the 15 game mark, they'd probably call you a homer.

I expect the Rangers to continue winning, and I expect the Stars to pick it up, making this run look a bit more impressive. Even if that doesn't happen, as a good team you need to beat the average/below average/bad teams if you want to ever be considered a legit contender. We've done that, for the most part.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
No span of games is less important then the next. All 82 games hold Equal Value

Not true. Division games hold more value... In winning a division game your not only getting 2 points but you are also denying your direct competition to the playoffs 2 points.

we have 6 tough division games in a row. If the team that Played against TOR and IN COL shows up then we hurt our selves. If the team that played LA and COL at Home shows up we will be in real good shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad