News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2023-24

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
I believe that NHL execs wanted Arizona, because they believed that the retired Canucks there, would be a strong base. It's just not happening. Seems like 'big money' doesn't think Arizona is a worthwhile investment.

I agree with the league. Move on to better places. Fans of Arizona might be ok with following a team that is so far away. I've been a big fan of the Isles for the past 49 years, and I live in Niagara Falls Canada. It was tough when I was young, because coverage was practically non-existent. With the current plethora of information out there now, it is not hard to be a distant fan. I feel for them, but I would rather have a stronger team in the league.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Delay of game penalty by Chicago on a Dobson-like brain fart by Chicago up by 1 w/1:30 to go in game. Ducks already beat Vegas, so Vegas lost its destiny. If Kings tie, they move 3 spot to face EDM, if they don’t score and Chicago wins, then Vegas plays EDM. Kings score, Vegas now plays Dallas and EDM play LAK.

Will be interesting if that play has an impact on how the seeding goes rest of the way for the West. EDM now has an easier path, that’s for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad