News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
So who are we all rooting for in these Eastern games? I’m personally hoping for Philly and Tampa to pull through, because that would confirm we’d get Philly next round (assuming of course the Isles win their series, which is far from over).

Really think Philly would be the most favorable matchup of the teams we could go against next round.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
So who are we all rooting for in these Eastern games? I’m personally hoping for Philly and Tampa to pull through, because that would confirm we’d get Philly next round (assuming of course the Isles win their series, which is far from over).

Really think Philly would be the most favorable matchup of the teams we could go against next round.

yeah we want no part of BOS/CAR next. I don't feel we need to worry as I expect Tampa/Philly will both win

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Life in the bubble might resemble living in Biosphere 2 or overwintering at a research station in Antartica. Although these are world-class athletes who can endure mountains of physical exertion, bubble life might be more psychologically taxing than most realize or anticipated. I wonder if, as the playoffs progress in tandem with cabin fever, more dropouts will occur. These NHL and NBA bubbles seem ripe for some type of psychological study.
I spent some time at a research station, not in Antartica, high in the mountains, looking for cosmic rays and taking care of a nearby glacier. Fun time, no psychological problems in the team (me, my colleague, the head of the station, and a glacier guy), a lot of vodka.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
What I've learned from the Bruins/Canes game is that if you get a stick in the face and keep playing, it's not a penalty, but if you flop around like a soccer player, it's four minutes.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I spent some time at a research station, not in Antartica, high in the mountains, looking for cosmic rays and taking care of a nearby glacier. Fun time, no psychological problems in the team (me, my colleague, the head of the station, and a glacier guy), a lot of vodka.
Did you find cosmic rays?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
What was the worst take of the day?

and not fer nothin, Rask isn’t the only guy in the bubble with a family and kids. Let’s not make it out like he is the only one who is missing his family.

The dickweed Jack Edwards (Boston's homer announcer) with a dickhead tweet about Svechnikov's injury.

Reactions: leeroggy

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
The dickweed Jack Edwards (Boston's homer announcer) with a dickhead tweet about Svechnikov's injury.

The replies are fairly unanimous. I found this one enlightening-

“Jack long time fan of yours and this take is way wrong . You might wanna follow Tuukka’s lead and opt out of saying anything on twitter for awhile .“

Reactions: Quicklime

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The replies are fairly unanimous. I found this one enlightening-

“Jack long time fan of yours and this take is way wrong . You might wanna follow Tuukka’s lead and opt out of saying anything on twitter for awhile .“

I lived in Boston for like 9 years so I know his antics well. He's a douchebag.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Jack Edwards is an idiot.

Hope Svechnikov is ok, I can’t imagine we see him for the rest of these playoffs

I'm pretty sure he will be missing most of the ensuing 20-21 season as well. That looked like an ACL to me.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
I lived in Boston for like 9 years so I know his antics well. He's a douchebag.
Not sure how long he’s been broadcasting, but I lived in the Boston broadcast area in the mid to late 90’s. Only time I could see isles was when they played bruins. One game there were a bunch of fights, first fight, Boston guy got the better of isles guy. The announcers all praising the Boston player. Next fight, isles guy (forget his name, enforcer guy) beats the holy hell out of Boston guy. Announcers all hemming and hawing about how there should be an additional penalty for beating the hell out of him.

Boston announcers suck balls.

Reactions: sabremike

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
“Cosmic rays...” I’m sure! Lol

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Did you find cosmic rays?
Cosmic rays are everywhere.

We were making a parabolic mirror to catch cherenkov photons produced by muons of cosmic rays))) It was part of my bachelor degree.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Cosmic rays are everywhere.

We were making a parabolic mirror to catch cherenkov photons produced by muons of cosmic rays))) It was part of my bachelor degree.

Bya any chance are you Mr. Fantastic (aka Reed Richards) or Dr. Doom? ;)

For my bachelor degree I had to write 20+ pages on the evolution of Prince Hal and his accession to King Henry V.

I also drank copious amounts of red bull and vodka, but your experience sounds a lot more fun.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Jack Edwards is the Baghdad Bob of the NHL. Unless the Bruins player was literally lying face down on the ice it was tough to hear him says the words that accurately reflected the fight.

And since he likely will not be fired it makes you understand even more why Torii Hunter released that info a few months back about his contract having a ONE TEAM No Trade clause in it, to BOSTON, due to racist chants he had to endure over the years.

Torii Hunter: 'When I went to Boston, (racial slurs) was so consistent’

Edwards/Brickley was also rated the worst broadcasting team in pro sports by a poll in The Atlantic.

Reactions: Strummergas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad