News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
And the impending bloated and crappy contract is getting even bigger.
686BA26087094E5AB169CD13068862FB-0:0

Reactions: Darkauron

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Still cant believe no coaches have been fired.
AV is most likely gone at the conclusion of the season.

I wonder if Bill Peters is now in trouble? Probably a couple more.

Barry Trotz isn't signed beyond this year and I think he's going away if they don't win a couple rounds this year.

You would think Tocchet is going bye bye too, but maybe the fact that they have officially passed the ''Worst team of the century'' in points (last year's Avalanche) that he might be back another year. Maybe the Guy goes as well? If Melnyk feels like paying him to go away.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

LOL...this is easy to do in basketball. There are only 7 players to really worry about. Players 8-13 usually warm the bench. Very few players picked outside of the top 10 make an impact in the NBA.

He'll probably end up more like Al Davis.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hot take... we catch Philly and Mrazek blows down the stretch.
Ain’t gonna happen bro.

Mrazek’s real good. Didn’t you see his shutout against us in January?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Mrazek is ok, I wouldn’t say it’s impossible though.
Philly is very streaky and they’re due for some losing streaks. They’re currently on a 4 game losing streak right now.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Philly is very streaky and they’re due for some losing streaks. They’re currently on a 4 game losing streak right now.

Their schedule isn’t a cake walk either. They’re definitely catchable as long as we take care of business. The California trip concerns me but I don’t think we can’t beat any of those teams if we get hot. Seems we follow up these little losing streaks with a solid stretch of games so hopefully that trend continues.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

I was at their game last night, and they looked horrible. Their powerplay looked even worse than ours has.

It's so bizarre to me how Giroux and Voracek are either scoring 4 points a night, or unable to make a simple pass... last night, it was the latter...

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I was at their game last night, and they looked horrible. Their powerplay looked even worse than ours has.

It's so bizarre to me how Giroux and Voracek are either scoring 4 points a night, or unable to make a simple pass... last night, it was the latter...

our PP has like 7 or 8 goals in the past 5 games and is ranked 9th in the league FYI

Reactions: HenriquesJawLine

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I think the complaints probably stem from that stretch in particular where our pp was something like 3/20 (don't have the exact numbers). Seem to recall a game we lost where we had 7 power plays and failed to convert on any of them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wasn’t it down to like 18th in the league like a week ago? Did it really jump up half the spots in line 7-10 days? I know it’s on lately, but didn’t think it jumped up that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad