News Article: News and Notes XXXV - schedule's out, bring on the Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Interesting going with ned tonight, with a back to back and an opponent with a worse record on the back half. Under normal circumstances I'd say this is a game for the starter and Nashville tomorrow is for the backup.

I think this is as much "give Florida 2 different looks in goalies" as anything.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
"Something from waste up. If it was from waste down, we got connections."

Reactions: WreckingCrew

saraciv420

Nov 20, 2019
Cmon...it writes itself, as others have said, the Toronto Maple Leafs....not only are they the villain, they want to be the villain. Hell, Austin Matthews already has the Snidely Whiplash mustache.

This movie has room for two Disney princesses, "the Civ" and Labar Down.

Hi I just got a notification about this thread, lol. I'm amused to say the least and I hope everyone is doing well.

I am honored to be considered for this role, but Abby "LabarDown" Labar is a living breathing Disney Princess in real life. I will accept being cast as the fairy godmother.

But really, hope everyone is healthy, safe and relatively sane. We're almost close to brighter days, and until then we have 400 Canes games per week. I will take it, even if that means 400 more Zoom interviews.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Hi I just got a notification about this thread, lol. I'm amused to say the least and I hope everyone is doing well.

I am honored to be considered for this role, but Abby "LabarDown" Labar is a living breathing Disney Princess in real life. I will accept being cast as the fairy godmother.

But really, hope everyone is healthy, safe and relatively sane. We're almost close to brighter days, and until then we have 400 Canes games per week. I will take it, even if that means 400 more Zoom interviews.

I don't quite see you in a fairy godmother role. I wonder if there's a Jessica Rabbit type character in this movie?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't quite see you in a fairy godmother role. I wonder if there's a Jessica Rabbit type character in this movie?

It's 2021 bro. They are shattering the pre-conceived notions of what a 'Fairy Godmother' can be in our society today. Didn't you see this documentary that just came out on the subject? If Jillian Bell can be Fairy Godmother then Sara Civ most certainly can as well...

Godmothered-Poster.jpg

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Been watching Necas during his surge this season. Earlier on I made a stick comparison between he and Svech and how it relegated their styles. Svech uses a high lie pattern (Bauer p92) that keeps the puck in his feet and that he also uses it short. Loses some reach but has great control in tight. Necas has always used a lower lie pattern (p28, Bauer too but everyone makes a version of it) that he uses long which keeps the puck far away from him and plays into how he loses it so easily and that he struggles to control it through traffic or tight spaces in general.

Looks like Necas either to start this season or just recently is using the same pattern as Svech, just with a longer stick overall. The change still leaves the puck much closer to his feet despite it being longer. Love it, he has way more control of the puck in those tight spaces and when he’s doing all that spinny stuff. Its actually playing a role in his surge this season - along with general maturation and improved poise (better control with the stick helps that). He always looked so loosey goosey with what he was using before, he’s too lanky and upright for a low lie. If someone helped him figure that out that’s good looking out, and if he figured it out himself good on him for looking at ways to improve his game.

He and Trocheck make us such a different team.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Dom L is saying that only us and Washington had an above average strength of schedule so far. We are tied with Washington for hardest schedule.

It was an interesting piece to egg on those that say he has a Toronto bias. Saying Toronto is a juggernaut but admitting their schedule isn’t hard is “a way” to show you don’t have Toronto bias.

Reactions: Daeavorn and DaveG

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
LeBrun's most recent Athletic article touches on the Hamilton negotiations. Nothing new or controversial, but he's speculating that Hamilton's camp is looking around Pietrangelo money ($8 mill+) while we're offering Krug money ($6.5 million+/-)

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Dom L is saying that only us and Washington had an above average strength of schedule so far. We are tied with Washington for hardest schedule.

It was an interesting piece to egg on those that say he has a Toronto bias. Saying Toronto is a juggernaut but admitting their schedule isn’t hard is “a way” to show you don’t have Toronto bias.

But how can strength of schedule possibly be compared across divisions this season?

Reactions: Tryamw

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Looking at team’s expected win percentage versus average opponents win percentage (his model as well).

Ok but average opponents win percentage can only be compared within the divisions. For all we know every single team in the east could be better than every single team in the north... There's absolutely no way to tell this year.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Ok but average opponents win percentage can only be compared within the divisions. For all we know every single team in the east could be better than every single team in the north... There's absolutely no way to tell this year.
He is using the last 3 season’s of data to help figure out how hard each opponent is with this season’s weighed the heaviest. I agree the model, like many advanced stats, has its flaws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad