News Article: News and Notes XXVI: A Sisyphean Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Rask back early December.

The good: the canes face just 5 current playoff teams in their next 13 games- columbus at home, totonto at home, at isle, at montreal, in san jose. 3 are winnable, and we can always pray Barry Trotz's voodoo sacrifice of 97 John Tavares jerseys will run out by the 24th. Otherwise, its Chicago twice, Detroit at home, new jersey at home (but 5 o clock saturday after friday night game), florida at home, anaheim twice, kings away. Easiest stretch of the year. The comeback begins now!! :yo:

The bad: their last 3 games were against non playoff teams.

The ugly: since starting 4-0-1 (95 point%), the canes have 1 ROW win in their last 10 games-against a craptastic Detroit team- spanning the previous 4 weeks. 1-1-7-1 (25 point%) in that span overall. After scoring 20 non empty net goals in their first 5 games, they have scored 16 non-empty net goals in their last 10.

Last edited:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Bleed I think I am probably just reiterating your points but if the GM borg really thought they had a Faulk trade lined up to bring in more scoring and it didn't happen, that's probably why he kept his A and seemingly overnight went from "culture change" to "core player"... they're trying to get everyone (team and fans) used to the idea of him sticking around after they trade pesce. I don't really like it but if that's the piece they have to give up to bring in more talent so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad