News Article: News and Notes XXV: Higher than the Highest Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
According to this page he tricked and trapped Hades and made it so no one could die while Hades was locked up. Encyclopedia of Greek Mythology: Sisyphus But before that even happened it says "He was notorious as the most cunning knave on earth." Doesn't go into specifics but what an honor. Apparently he had some kind of punishment coming either way that just made it worse
Some sources claim it rather was Thanatos who got imprisoned. Hades was Zeus' brother and an Olympian god who got the netherworld realm of Hades as his fief of sort after the war with the Titans, but Thanatos was the actual personification of death and one of the dark children of Nyx (night) and Erebos (darkness), twin brother of Hypnos (sleep).

Not unlike Sissypho, Hercules once saved the life of a princess who had volunteered her life over her husband, by taking Thanatos when he appeared into a half nelson hold until he acquiesced. Moral of the story: having the right daddy gets you out of all kinds of crap free.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I can't think of Thanatos and not think of this guy

davidxanatos.jpg

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
31 Thoughts: The fallout from Senators' Uber video - Sportsnet.ca
There was a ton of buzz last week when Carolina had three scouts to watch Dallas/Toronto. One source said we made too big a deal of it because the Hurricanes don’t have a huge staff and it gave them an opportunity to see the Western-based Stars. Okay, but their interest in William Nylander is not a secret.
They like the player and have made it clear that, if Toronto decides to trade the forward, they want to be involved. There are a couple players on that defence the Maple Leafs could ponder, although I’m wary of conventional wisdom with GM Kyle Dubas. Removing Nylander’s scoring ability might make him chase a forward.

The speedbump for Carolina is they have business to do. Sebastian Aho needs a new contract. So do Micheal Ferland, Brock McGinn and Teuvo Teravainen. No one needs permission to speak to Nylander, who is a free agent, so you can discuss contract concepts without penalty. Aho’s the internal priority as a franchise cornerstone, but his contract won’t go into Auston Matthews/John Tavares territory. That helps the Hurricanes with Nylander’s key issue: salary too far below teammates.

Carolina will also test the market for Valentin Zykov, who played just 4:41 in Saturday’s 3-0 loss to Vegas.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
31 Thoughts: The fallout from Senators' Uber video - Sportsnet.ca
There was a ton of buzz last week when Carolina had three scouts to watch Dallas/Toronto. One source said we made too big a deal of it because the Hurricanes don’t have a huge staff and it gave them an opportunity to see the Western-based Stars. Okay, but their interest in William Nylander is not a secret.
They like the player and have made it clear that, if Toronto decides to trade the forward, they want to be involved. There are a couple players on that defence the Maple Leafs could ponder, although I’m wary of conventional wisdom with GM Kyle Dubas. Removing Nylander’s scoring ability might make him chase a forward.

The speedbump for Carolina is they have business to do. Sebastian Aho needs a new contract. So do Micheal Ferland, Brock McGinn and Teuvo Teravainen. No one needs permission to speak to Nylander, who is a free agent, so you can discuss contract concepts without penalty. Aho’s the internal priority as a franchise cornerstone, but his contract won’t go into Auston Matthews/John Tavares territory. That helps the Hurricanes with Nylander’s key issue: salary too far below teammates.

Carolina will also test the market for Valentin Zykov, who played just 4:41 in Saturday’s 3-0 loss to Vegas.

I so hope we don’t shop Zykov around for a pick... I’ve still got some semi high hopes for him, it would feel like we’d be giving up on him too early.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Watched Scream 3 last night and there is a character named Sarah Darling who gets killed.

Never noticed that before but the last time I saw the movie I didn’t have the pleasure of knowing who Sarah Darling was.

Anyway, that’s my random observation/contribution.

I love how Carrie Fisher stole the show as a film company secretary who back in the day lost the Princess Leia gig to some slut who slept with George Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad