News and Notes XXII: Now With More Finnish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
@NotOpie I just went back and re-read our exchange on this last page. Holy **** what dumb argument we were having, arguing about the minutiae of timing of AHL call-ups. We need RodtheBawd to step in and put the hammer down next time. :laugh:
What's really funny is how much crow I've been happily eating around my PDG comment (even if Nordy whiffed yet again tonight). ;););)
Eat+Crow.jpg

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: The rest of the board watching my happy irrationality.

Arguing that the team should skirt rules or do something knee-jerk (rush a player to get up her by 4:00 then thrust them into the line-up without any ice time with the team), doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Rule breaking?...something, something, something....we don't need no stinkin' badges.....

All in good fun, BBA, I do enjoy the reparté...

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Saarela left the Checker's game last night in the 1st with an injury and didn't return. Hopefully it's nothing serious as he seems to get injured a lot.

My sister was at the game (she had my tickets).

She sent me a video of a checker on the ice, and as he was trying to get up, getting cross checked in the back. Looked like he was hurt and trying to get up and get knocked down again

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
So a certain woman named "Fanny Rask" sister scored for Sweden last night. Didn't realize Victor had a sister, let alone an olympian.

This season, you mean? Because he hasn't even passed Yakupov yet. He should jump a few spots before the season is up, though.

How have you managed to not know about Fanny Rask? They even look nearly alike

victor-rask-2016-979.jpg
2004052-168X210.jpg

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
To be fair, Fanny plays for HV71's women's team and since women's hockey wears full cages, I'd wager she has all her teeth - still has her fronts, at least (assuming none of these are bridges or partials)

Dam_FRask.jpg

Does women’s hockey not wear cages because they are smarter than the men? There’s no other logical conclusion to that I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad