News and Notes XVII: Training Camp Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Good move Mr. Ron Francis. They've been saying Jeff Skinner's head is one hit away from being scrambled eggs, so you've acquired the concussion giving king and put him on our team! It's a relieving thought that Raffi Torres will not be giving Jeff Skinner an illegal check to the head to end his career.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I don't get this at all. Unless he's going to the Checkers I don't like this, and even then considering his history this is not what our organization needs.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's a PTO. I get it if you don't want anything to do with him because of his dirty play, but I'm not get too worked up about it not making sense. The chances of him making the team is slim at best.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't really mind the move, but it doesn't really seem like a Canes kind of move. I'm certainly a little perplexed by it, but it's not like he'll make the team unless he shows he's got something left. At that point, you just hope he doesn't do anything dirty. But that is a very very long ways away.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
It makes more sense if Stalberg and Bickell magically vanished. How many useless 4th line vets do they need?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's a PTO. They need to dress X amount of veterans in each preseason game by league rule. That's all this is.

It's big news on Commodores Twitter because he was defending/advocating for Torres all year last year. Everything fits, not a big deal, move on.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Setting his playing style aside, if Torres, who is old, likely broken down and a shell of his former self can beat out anyone currently on the Canes roster, then that doesn't say a whole lot about the guy he beat out and the should be waived, sent down, etc...

Still, it's only a PTO and the chances are extremely slim that he makes the team IMO so this is not a big deal at all IMO. For all we know, maybe he's a friend of somebody in the org and they are just giving him a chance to go to a training camp in hopes he catches on somewhere.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
tumblr_nzj91mogD91qdug0jo1_400.gif

There's no way Torres is the "big news." That's like a one-paragraph sidebar on page 6 of the sports section, if the paper bothers to pick it up at all. Maybe the big news is he already killed Skinner in practice.

I sincerely hope he gets cut by the end of September.

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
tumblr_nzj91mogD91qdug0jo1_400.gif

There's no way Torres is the "big news." That's like a one-paragraph sidebar on page 6 of the sports section, if the paper bothers to pick it up at all. Maybe the big news is he already killed Skinner in practice.

As I stated earlier, it's big news to Mike Commodore and Mike Commodore only. He had a countdown going on Twitter to when Torres' suspension was up last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad