News and Notes XVI: RF's Vision Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Part of that is very valid THH, but I think there's more to it. While Skinner had a good season last year, he was coming off of a prior season where he suffered another concussion (pre-season) and had career lows in goals, assists, points and +/- (lockout season not withstanding). I tend think that "bad" season was the anomaly, but in order for Skinner to get recognition among the hockey community, he needs to start having good seasons consistently, back to back and not suffer any more concussions. If Skinner can put together a 30G+ season this year, while staying healthy, and still playing an improve 2-way game, I think people's view of him will start to change.

I still maintain that 14-15 was entirely Peters and systems, not concussion or inconsistency related. I think he'll even improve upon last year... but he'll still be one hit away from death.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I still maintain that 14-15 was entirely Peters and systems, not concussion or inconsistency related. I think he'll even improve upon last year... but he'll still be one hit away from death.

Yeah, I think you are right. That said, the 3 seasons Skinner didn't have a concussion:

31G,
33G,
28G

The 3 seasons he had a concussion:
20G
13G (48 game lockout shortened season)
18G

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Yeah, I think you are right. That said, the 3 seasons Skinner didn't have a concussion:

31G,
33G,
28G

The 3 seasons he had a concussion:
20G
13G (48 game lockout shortened season)
18G

And 2 of those weaker seasons he had a new coach, right? Impossible to determine exactly the cause, hopefully he won't have any injuries this season, which would eliminate one variable :)

Oldracer

Jan 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I got there around 10:30 today, Cam, Hainsey, Slavin, several unidentified guys working out. Usually get more guys after Labor day. The new owners have really spiffed the old barn up! Looks great.
This is one of the great benefits for us hockey fans in a small market! Walk right in and watch the best skaters in the world play pond hockey! They can't do this in Mtl, Pitt, Chg etc.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I got there around 10:30 today, Cam, Hainsey, Slavin, several unidentified guys working out. Usually get more guys after Labor day. The new owners have really spiffed the old barn up! Looks great.
This is one of the great benefits for us hockey fans in a small market! Walk right in and watch the best skaters in the world play pond hockey! They can't do this in Mtl, Pitt, Chg etc.

I haven't been there, but I've heard that up until today, Cam, Slavin and Carrick have been the only guys.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Whatever it is, it is undoubtedly going to be disappointing. Commie isn't breaking anything interesting.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

Chip also tweeted: "Lot of talk about a "big" Canes announcement coming. Not sure about that but could be a PTO. Maybe someone like a Raffi Torres? We'll see."

I really hope it's a contract extension to Ronny Franchise vs a PTO to Raffi Torres if that's all it is.....

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Oh dear lord I REALLY hope it's not a PTO to Torres, last thing we need is another season derailed by a 4th liner on Faulk in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad