I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
10530800_10152491998500709_17703463755604426_n.jpg

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Maybe the Hurricanes FO is listening to our comments during those live-announcement press streams.

I demanded for them to bring LaRose back for multiple Stanley Cups.

Now Franics just needs to work on trading trading Eric Staal for Halak, Ryder, and a 2nd and my demands will be met.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Sounds like the LaRose thing was purely another stupid question posed to Francis by Chip...and Chip tweeted Francis' answers. His last comment clarifies that Francis has NOT met with LaRose. Hopefully Francis was just giving the polite "he'd have to earn it" speech to the ignorant reporter while thinking "over my dead body".

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Anybody else want to debate the "Francis is not Rutherford" thingy any further?

The prosecution rests.

Yeah, if he signs LaRose (or Whitney, McBain, Corvo, Dalpe, Bowman, Westgarth, Welsh, Aucoin or any other ex-cane floating around), I can't see how we can think any different.

I'm still sticking by "I'll give it a year and pass judgement" statement, but if he signs both Gleason and LaRose, it makes it awfully hard to stand by that.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

The prosecution rests.

Nope, if this happens that's when I go from being observant and skeptical bystander to being a flat out partisan. Anything less then PK himself going is going to have me extremely dissatisfied, even a miracle playoff run wouldn't work to me since we'd know it's just temporary and won't have staying power.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Unfortunately, the 1 thing I want more than anything from Francis won't really be realized for years. I want him to really focus on building through the draft, improve the scouting and developing of players, even if it means they'll suck for a couple of years. JR threw away picks/prospects like he was throwing coins in a tip jar and much of the time that was to fix his own mistakes.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

The prosecution rests.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip · 52m
Key point to be made is Francis has not met with LaRose yet.

Just in case anyone missed it. Sounds like a lot of hoopla over what would be a minor move in the first place. If he signs a league minimum, 2-way deal, what harm does that really do?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Instead of signing LaRose to a League minimum contract, let's take that 500k and invest it in 5 more scouts.

Hell, even hire LaRose as one of those scouts. I don't care. Or hire friggen' DaveG as a scout, I'm sure he'd do it for 40k a year + traveling expenses.

Our scouting department makes me think of Tampa Bay's "scouting department" when they were a Yakuza laundering scheme- Phil Esposito with a dozen TV's hooked up to a satellite dish. You pay me 1200$ a month and I'll do the same thing with GameCenter.

Sounds like the LaRose thing was purely another stupid question posed to Francis by Chip...and Chip tweeted Francis' answers. His last comment clarifies that Francis has NOT met with LaRose. Hopefully Francis was just giving the polite "he'd have to earn it" speech to the ignorant reporter while thinking "over my dead body".

QFT.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Just in case anyone missed it. Sounds like a lot of hoopla over what would be a minor move in the first place. If he signs a league minimum, 2-way deal, what harm does that really do?

IT'S NOT ABOUT CHAD LAROSE and you sir are making me nuts. It's about more of the same crap that has left us ... oh hell ... nevermind. You're not going to understand anyhow.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
I actually like this from a business perspective. He may or may not have game anymore, but based on his status with the fans this could put a couple more butts in seats.

Is there any evidence to show this sort of thing to be true? I know LaRose is a "fan favorite" or whatever, but are there really a significant number of people who would purchase more tickets than they ordinarily would have simply because Chad LaRose is on the team?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Is there any evidence to show this sort of thing to be true? I know LaRose is a "fan favorite" or whatever, but are there really a significant number of people who would purchase more tickets than they ordinarily would have simply because Chad LaRose is on the team?

I dunno. I've seen some pretty damn loyal Larose fans. I doubt it'd anything substantial, but certainly will sell a few more (few being in the double digits).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad