News and Notes Part 13: Waddell has bought a house in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Have to wonder how Ryan is feeling in Charlotte. Signed over here to potentially play some scoring minutes and hasn't cracked the NHL roster all season.

It is interesting. They did make him the captain Charlotte which may mean the plan was to have him spend the year there all along. I believe he becomes an RFA after this year, but my CBA knowledge is poor at best when it comes to this type of thing.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Per Mike Smith
#Canes lineup changes: Chris Terry in on the fourth line with McClement, Malone. Eddie Lack starts in net.

Not too surprising with Gerbe injured and Lack getting the start in a Back to Back.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Have to wonder how Ryan is feeling in Charlotte. Signed over here to potentially play some scoring minutes and hasn't cracked the NHL roster all season.

A disturbing side to how terrible the team has played offensively, is how healthy the team has been up front. There have been no important forward injuries 1/4 of the way into the season.

Ryan probably knows the shot is coming. Whether it's an inevitable injury, or the selloff at the deadline.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Although I haven't seen any info, I won't be surprised if Gerbe is out for a bit and there is a callup.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'm calling it right now...if Cam isn't resigned we're going to get a serious return for him....not 1st round serious, but probably 2nd or 3rd rounder plus a B- prospect or player....I hear the Peg and Mo calling right now....

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I'm calling it right now...if Cam isn't resigned we're going to get a serious return for him....not 1st round serious, but probably 2nd or 3rd rounder plus a B- prospect or player....I hear the Peg and Mo calling right now....

I think what you're calling what people expect. (except maybe welostboys)

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I saw a chart on Twitter, the x-axis was "scoring chances for %" and the y-axis was PDO.

In the category labeled "Bad, Lucky" the Rangers and only the Rangers were there. Nobody else was close to them.

Presented without comment.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Neuvirth got a 3rd last year at the deadline and he was having a better year on a worse team, not to mention he was significantly cheaper.

I don't see it.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I saw a chart on Twitter, the x-axis was "scoring chances for %" and the y-axis was PDO.

In the category labeled "Bad, Lucky" the Rangers and only the Rangers were there. Nobody else was close to them.

Presented without comment.

I'd like to see that chart, where was it?

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

I hope your call on this is better than your call on Chris Terry. :sarcasm: :laugh:

In all seriousness, goalie returns are usually a lot worse than people expect, but it will all depend on who is in the market and in contention at the time.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Here it is for those that want to see it.

CUgj05UUkAE_oVm.jpg

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I've seen these before throughout the year and the Hurricanes always says unlucky. What it really means is that they have no skilled finishers and their goaltending sucks. Neither of those two things have **** all to do with luck.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
I've seen these before throughout the year and the Hurricanes always says unlucky. What it really means is that they have no skilled finishers and their goaltending sucks. Neither of those two things have **** all to do with luck.

Actually a 94 PDO has quite a lot to do with luck.

If our PDO was like, 97.8 or something, I'd agree. That would easily be explained by poor shooters and awful goaltending.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Actually a 94 PDO has quite a lot to do with luck.

If our PDO was like, 97.8 or something, I'd agree. That would easily be explained by poor shooters and awful goaltending.

So are you saying they haven't gotten garbage goaltending and have terrible shooters? Because they do, and they finished last in PDO last year too. Didn't you do a post about how the Canes PDO would be terrible this year?

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
So are you saying they haven't gotten garbage goaltending and have terrible shooters? Because they do, and they finished last in PDO last year too. Didn't you do a post about how the Canes PDO would be terrible this year?

They have garbage goaltenders and terrible shooters who are not only terrible, but are also unlucky.

A ~94 PDO isn't sustainable. I fully expect the Canes to have one of the three worst PDO marks in the league, because of the bad goaltending and poor shooting. The odds of that coming in at around 94 are absurdly low.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
They have garbage goaltenders and terrible shooters who are not only terrible, but are also unlucky.

A ~94 PDO isn't sustainable. I fully expect the Canes to have one of the three worst PDO marks in the league, because of the bad goaltending and poor shooting. The odds of that coming in at around 94 are absurdly low.

The other factor, is how well they play dominant possession game while at the same time being mistake prone. So the % of shots coming off from big mistakes is going to be higher, which drives down PDO.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Well Ronnie, how much longer are we going to watch this terrible team? Getting close to full rebuild time......

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I hope your call on this is better than your call on Chris Terry. :sarcasm: :laugh:

In all seriousness, goalie returns are usually a lot worse than people expect, but it will all depend on who is in the market and in contention at the time.

Wait, what....??? That Chris Terry call was epic....just you wait:sarcasm: .

In other news, "Snow Storm Wreaks Havoc in Hell"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad