Newest Blue Jacket a Star in the Making

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
CD - Nationwide Arena

The Columbus Blue Jackets today announced that they have signed underage phenom Jacob Emerson to a lifetime contract.

"Sure, he's only 15 (months old), but the boy has skills," a beaming Jackets GM Doug Emerson told a packed press conference. "We're counting on him to be a huge part of our game at both ends of the ice, as soon as... oh, 2027 or so."

Emerson said he'd introduce the young star to Blue Jackets fans as soon as possible, but indicated that it may take some time.

"I haven't actually been able to see him in person yet myself,", he acknowledged, "but the tape on him has been impressive, and we had very productive discussions with his agent. This is great news for the Columbus Blue Jackets, our fans, and the HFNHL."

Pre-sales of the uber-prospect's jersey (#4) have been brisk, which bodes well for the team's shaky finances.

Milo Minderbinder
Columbus Discoverer

---------------------------------------

In other words, Tash and I are officially parents, having been selected to adopt this wonderful little boy! We get to meet Jacob and his foster family in the next couple of weeks, and will transition him gradually over the next couple of months, so that hopefully he's with us full-time by June.

Add to that a brand new job, and it's a busy year (!), so if I'm not always able to be around as much the next little while, you'll know why.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Wow! Awesome! Fantastic! Congratulations Doug! I'm going to crack open a Grolsch in honour of this.

There's hope for me yet.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Congratulation Doug, I am so happy for you...being a parent is such a great feeling. Please pass my congrats to Mrs.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Doug, that is just absolutely awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I won't try to put any more into words (we'll save that for our next GM conference), but I will say that Jacob is one lucky little hombre.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Congrats to you, Natasha, and Jacob.

Disappointing I had to hear about it in the news and not through a call but I'll let that slip given the circumstances ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00