Post-Series Talk: New York Rangers defeat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2, advance to ECF

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Kreider should thank Andersen for making him look like Lindros
I don’t think HFBoards realizes Chris Kreider has actually become a great player in his thirties. He’s adapted his game to aging. He has 127 goals the last 3 seasons, and hit 75 points this year. He’s the real captain of this team and always has a positive impact on the ice.

It may not seem that impressive to someone who has the pleasure of watching McDavid/Draisaitl every night, but he’s one of the best players the Rangers have ever drafted.

Last edited:

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Prior to this series starting everyone i spoke with said that if Carolina beat the Rangers and were playing Florida the series would be a war and its a coin toss. Now the Rangers have won I find it comical those same people are saying Florida is going to win in 5 maybe 6. The same Florida team who is playing game 6 against a Boston team who didn't have one of their best players for a bit and got credited with a goal that the refs probably missed a penalty on. Just can't follow the logic.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
I think some of you guys need to watch the game again. The first period was fairly even. I'd even say slight edge Rangers. The 2nd was mostly Canes. The 3rd was Canes early. Rangers dominated after Freddie shit the bed.
Don't get all this talk of Canes domination in this one.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Maybe we can hand out banners and trophies to the analytic champs also?

1. Stanley Cup Champs
  2. HDCF Percent Champs
Same sentiment. Anyone who thinks they hace a "model" down for hockey and that's who should be winning needs to take a seat. You're just trying to feel smart. Models mean jack shit when the puck can bounce off the boards right into the slot

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Rangers feel like the team of destiny this year.

No injuries. Shesterkin is on fire. Pucks finding their way into the net. Ability to score a couple fast.

Defensemen playing defense seems to be the achilies heel.
They’re pretty banged up actually. Fox is for sure limited and I think (hope) Trouba is too (if he’s not hurt, he may be cooked). Panarin might be hurt too. Chytil out.

Hoping they can recover a bit if Florida and Boston go seven.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
He’s the real captain of this team
see now this is the type of shit i don't care for. like the guys in the room didnt choose the correct captain. i love kreider as much as the next guy, but just quit it with the zibby or krieds talk. fantastic players but we dont see what goes on under the hood.

Slapshottothehead

May 5, 2024
Prior to this series starting everyone i spoke with said that if Carolina beat the Rangers and were playing Florida the series would be a war and its a coin toss. Now the Rangersed have won I find it comical those same peoplearolina has are saying Florida is going to win in 5 maybe 6. The same Florida team who is playing game 6 against a Boston team who didn't have one of their best players for a bit and got credited with a goal that the refs probably missed a penalty on. Just can't follow the logic.
Well florida has outstanding goaltending. Carolina however put the sieve in net and he handed the Rangers the series along with a horrible power play. So Florida is a much harder opponent than Carolina.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The one where he had a 3+ GAA?

He was a lot better than the sieve in net on the other side, and made critical saves at the right time… what you expect from a #1 goaltender in the playoffs, but the canes didn’t have trouble scoring this series, and no one would claim they lost because of a hot goaltender.
The one? So one means he is bearable? :laugh:

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
I think some of you guys need to watch the game again. The first period was fairly even. I'd even say slight edge Rangers. The 2nd was mostly Canes. The 3rd was Canes early. Rangers dominated after Freddie shit the bed.
Don't get all this talk of Canes domination in this one.
Agree, every XG model I have seen from last night has the Rangers ahead but people will still say the Hurricanes dominated .

The Hurricanes are like a car with a nice paint job and exterior but when you open the hood there is a lot less engine than you expect. The shot counter and zone time look great but when you look at cross ice attempts or shots in the slot they are just missing. They do not take risks to get to better spaces in the o zone. This is why they look like they are dominating a game when all they are doing in peppering shots that are unlikely to beat good goalies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Boston final boss? Lofl. They barely got by the Leafs and have been the worse team in every game against Florida, sometimes significantly so. If anything, Boston is more like the Rangers than the Rangers youre describing in that Boston relies on Swayman even more than the Rangers do on Shesterkin.
the same... ..both are toast when goalie ain't lights out

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Add a fantastic goalie.

They need a game breaker.

Aho on a breakaway, game on his stick, shoots wide.

Svechnikov, alone in front, to tie, gets stopped.

Start with a sound goalie and add a 100 point forward.

Let Guentzel and Pesce walk, use tjat money and other assets for that forward that doesn't miss on those opportunities.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
They’re pretty banged up actually. Fox is for sure limited and I think (hope) Trouba is too (if he’s not hurt, he may be cooked). Panarin might be hurt too. Chytil out.

Hoping they can recover a bit if Florida and Boston go seven.
Fox is playing hurt for sure, the knee Ago took out earlier in the year got kneed by Jenson in then first round
Trouba is eh, who knowd

Chytil has been out all year so whatever

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
the same... ..both are toast when goalie ain't lights out
You think Florida has a chance if Bobrovsky isn't on his game? I mean, I'm not guaranteeing a Rangers win or anything, but Florida struggled to score on a pretty mediocre Boston team. Rangers are better in every single area (than boston).

Edit: but I did pick Rangers in 6.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You think Florida has a chance if Bobrovsky isn't on his game? I mean, I'm not guaranteeing a Rangers win or anything, but Florida struggled to score on a pretty mediocre Boston team. Rangers are better in every single area (than boston).

Edit: but I did pick Rangers in 6.
Heard that last year when the Rags played the Devils.
But definitely. Panthers need Bob's A-game as much as Rags need Shesterkins. Can't argue with ya there.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don’t think HFBoards realizes Chris Kreider has actually become a great player in his thirties. He’s adapted his game to aging. He has 127 goals the last 3 seasons, and hit 75 points this year. He’s the real captain of this team and always has a positive impact on the ice.

It may not seem that impressive to someone who has the pleasure of watching McDavid/Draisaitl every night, but he’s one of the best players the Rangers have ever drafted.
Agreed. Kreider is a big game star player.
A 10 million dollar play off player. The true leader and captain of the Rags. He is their Tkachuk. Co captains with Trouba, the way Tkachuk and Barkov. Chara and Bergeron were.
On another note - Lafreniere has evolved and I love his game. Beast. He will be the captain of Rangers down the road.

Reactions: trilobyte

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Agreed. Kreider is a big game star player.
A 10 million dollar play off player. The true leader and captain of the Rags. He is their Tkachuk. Co captains with Trouba, the way Tkachuk and Barkov. Chara and Bergeron were.
On another note - Lafreniere has evolved and I love his game. Beast. He will be the captain of Rangers down the road.
Laf had a great series, carried the puck and controlled play, backchecked every shift and laid out some hard hits. Hard to believe he's only 22.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
So the best team in the regular season, the team with the most come from behind victories over 82 motherf***ing games, the team that's 8-2 in the POs, and the team that just knocked off the SC betting odds favorites don't match your stat model? Then your model f***ing suuuuuuuuucks.
The models say the Rangers rely heavily on goaltending at 5v5 because they are regularly out shot and outchanced. The only point I've made. Come from behind wins is totally meaningless in this context.

Your reading comprehension f***ing suuuuuuucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad