Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Real quick before the GDT comes up -

Ottawa is on a 4 game losing streak. A home and home 8 point swing set with the 6th seeded Leafs, while 7 teams are within 5 points of one another for 3 spots. The Rangers are one of them. What are we going to get on the road in a tough place to play against a good team?

LGR

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The opponent makes no difference. The only way we climb past the Sens and the leafs is if we play 10 games of good hockey. with 3 against the Devils and Islanders, a game against the leafs doesn't carry much significance.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
It's like I've been looking forward to Rangers games more than I had this season before the deadline.

Is Lupul back? I heard he was skating.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I seem to recall us owning the Leafs the first time we played them this season (and that was when Mike Rupp was still a member of our team...). Let's make it the same for round 2 !

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I seem to recall us owning the Leafs the first time we played them this season (and that was when Mike Rupp was still a member of our team...). Let's make it the same for round 2 !

they played one of their bottom 5 games against us this year in that first contest. They're playing great right now with good goaltending.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Pretty pumped up for this mini series. It's so important standings-wise.

The Rangers just need to forecheck and use their creativity; Toronto is prone to weak defensive efforts at times.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Eager to see this new teams resiliency. On the road, trouble getting it together defensively in Carolina. Some guys need to step up even more. They need to start working like a unit all over the ice and score first

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Eager to see this new teams resiliency. On the road, trouble getting it together defensively in Carolina. Some guys need to step up even more. They need to start working like a unit all over the ice and score first

The rest should really help the legs tomorrow, hopefully.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
+4, +3 or +2 on the 9th place Devils after tomorrow night with no games in hand.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I think it would benefit both teams if the Rangers win this home and home series. NYR can play Boston, who they are historically good against and Toronto sucks against, and Toronto can take Montreal, who we suck against and they play well. Win win for both of us!

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
We will win 1 and lose 1 I think. Hopefully we blow them out of the water again in both games. Someone needs to put Kadri on his ass! LGR

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Watch for the Kadri.

Come out skating and play like we have been (for the most part) and we should be able to pick up these much-needed 2 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad