Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at New York Islanders - February 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm curious who and when you're referring to. The only blatant example is McIlrath. Aside from that, who are you referring to? They simply haven't had high picks in recent years, if anything it seems every draft lately they've tried to go for at least one or two boom or bust guys.

It's obvious who he was referring to lol.

If Skjei is the next captain nothing will change.

Give me a loud leader. I’m tired of the lead by example thing. Let’s get a barker

This isn't a captain problem.

It's a team/coaching thing. The upcoming rebuild is just as much about turning over the locker room vibe as it is the talent.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
If Skjei is the next captain nothing will change.

Give me a loud leader. I’m tired of the lead by example thing. Let’s get a barker
220px-Bob_Barker_at_WWE_crop.jpg

Deleted member 23124

I didn’t mention anyone by name we’ve been doing it for years. Passing on the more talented players for character first. No wonder we don’t have one elite offensive player
But we do have cast of characters.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
I hate losing, especially to them. I have no desire to see us get worse. We don't need to get worse to get better.
4 points outside the playoffs with lots of our best players to come back. I disagree with the direction we seem to be going in. The coach should have gone, instead I fear that the season is going to be sacrificed to move up 5 places in the draft and to swap good current players for potentially good future ones. Too risky for my liking. For every Pittsburgh (and let's not forget just how bad they had to be) there are a couple of Buffalos or Arizonas. Of the bottom 5 teams in the league atm, 4 of them have been pretty crap for a good while.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Halak made plenty of big saves no need to be disingenuous about it.
Aww wheres the fun in that? Its much more fun to pretend that the rangers didnt have 39 scoring chances and 14 high danger scoring chances so we can push the narrative that our forwards are the problem.

Reactions: Machinehead

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I hate losing, especially to them. I have no desire to see us get worse. We don't need to get worse to get better.
4 points outside the playoffs with lots of our best players to come back. I disagree with the direction we seem to be going in. The coach should have gone, instead I fear that the season is going to be sacrificed to move up 5 places in the draft and to swap good current players for potentially good future ones. Too risky for my liking. For every Pittsburgh (and let's not forget just how bad they had to be) there are a couple of Buffalos or Arizonas. Of the bottom 5 teams in the league atm, 4 of them have been pretty crap for a good while.

carlsection404

Apr 9, 2012
TRADE THIS WHOLE PATHETIC RANGER TEAM AWAY THEY ARE A BUNCH OF LOSERS STARTING FROM THERE OWNER DOWN 2 CUPS IN 78 YEARS CASE CLOSED

Reactions: Bones45

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

But here is the difference. The Rangers, unlike all of those teams, will always be an attractive option for UFA's.

The rebuild may not work, but what they're doing right now IS NOT working.

I'd rather go for the option that gives you a 40% chance at success than the one that gives you 0. The 4 point thing is a mirage, they've played like crap for most of the season, that gape will be at least 5 by tomorrow night and thats before getting to the schedule next month. This team is going to get KILLED in March.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
But here is the difference. The Rangers, unlike all of those teams, will always be an attractive option for UFA's.

The rebuild may not work, but what they're doing right now IS NOT working.

I'd rather go for the option that gives you a 40% chance at success than the one that gives you 0. The 4 point thing is a mirage, they've played like crap for most of the season, that gape will be at least 5 by tomorrow night and thats before getting to the schedule next month. This team is going to get KILLED in March.
The one thing I'm worried about is if they plan on building around Lundqvist again. Building around ANY goaltender, whomever it may be, I don't care if the best goalie in history is on your team you don't build around that. You need a team strong up the middle and a balanced defense.

If they build around Hank again they need their heads examined.

Reactions: NCRanger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad