• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
17-7-1 since the 1-5-2 start. +21 differential. 3.52 gf/game, 2.68 ga/game.

Noice.

tenor.gif

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I was amazed Hank played today in a game less than 24 hours later but he wasn’t unreal. Looked exhausted after but he was tremendous.

Mcdonagh best game all year. THAT is the Ryan Mcdonagh that makes us an elite team.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Whatever is the basis of your thought, I would suggest Holden and Staal being his defensive partners for large parts of the night.

He and Smith have zero chemistry and Holden also struggled tonight, so yeah, doesn't help.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Would it be so bad to extend Zuke 3 yrs @ 4 million per?

No. Heart and soul of the Rangers. Player of his skillset and type isn't likely to breakdown. If the plan is to continue to compete while working Andersson/Chytil/DeAngelo in... I just don't see how the team does that without Zucc.

He'd likely take it or something close, and the Rangers would continue to have one of the best value contracts in the league... a guy putting up 55-60 pts, who's never injured, making what a 40 pt tweener does.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Would it be so bad to extend Zuke 3 yrs @ 4 million per?
I actually hope Zooks retires as a Ranger at the end of his current deal but your question reminded me of the Yankees trying to give Mickey Mantle a pay cut after he led the league in home runs. Zooks has led us in scoring in 3 of the last 4 seasons and is once again leading us this season so our offer to him is will you take a $500k pay cut from your already bargain basement contract? :D

Reactions: Ori and trilobyte

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
No, didn't you hear. We have to trade Nash, Grabner, and Zook for picks and prospects.

This is a dangerous game to play. Signing aging players in their 30s into their late 30s over prospects, picks, and young players is incompatible with our transition toward young.

Management was careful with Shattenkirk and only gave a 4 year contract. They traded Stepan as there was doubt about the direction his game was headed as a 27(!) year old.

It would have to be such a sweet heart deal for management to re-sign them.

Both Nash, Zucc, and Grabner are all character guys that love NY. We can trade Nash or Grabner and easily re-sign them if there's interest from both sides and the money is right.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I actually hope Zooks retires a Ranger at the end of his current deal but your question reminded me of the Yankees trying to give Mickey Mantle a pay cut after he led the league in home runs. Zooks has led us in scoring in 3 of the last 4 seasons and is once again leading us this season so our offer to him is will you take a $500k pay cut from your already bargain basement contract? :D

I saw his house on that show beginnings...he has modest taste and loves NY. He ski's at hunter mountain and is single maybe he agrees to a modest deal?

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
So whodathunk the Rangers would be a better team in goals per game than the Leafs at this point a couple months ago?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
DD had 25 FO% - I hope Mika is back next game, but it`s not easy for DD to center one of the top lines - so hard matchups for him so we can`t complain too much about his depth role. :)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Have you been putting too much rum in the egg nog?

I've been McDonagh's biggest defender all year.

Tonight, he made two really flashy offensive plays and spent the rest of the game doing f*** all in his own zone while Boston fired pucks at Hank of a machine gun.

The availability heuristic is strong in this thread.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
DD had 25 FO% - I hope Mika is back next game, but it`s not easy for DD to center one of the top lines - so hard matchups for him so we can`t complain too much about his depth role. :)

He's a nice little role player who can be plugged in just about anywhere... but he's not generating anything out there right now, and the opposition throws him off the puck like he was a plastic bag caught in the wind.

Get well and get back, Zbad.

Reactions: belford222 and Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad