Confirmed with Link: New York Rangers 3rd round pick - Sean Day (D)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
hahah not a chance, you're a good poster, even if I disagree with you sometimes.

lol you really could have gone for it. I would not have minded. Sometimes we need to hear criticism to improve. Thanks for the compliment. I'm having a debate with myself whether being a forum poster is a healthy thing for me to do anymore after like 16 years of it. :)

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
lol you really could have gone for it. I would not have minded. Sometimes we need to hear criticism to improve. Thanks for the compliment. I'm having a debate with myself whether being a forum poster is a healthy thing for me to do anymore after like 16 years of it. :)

I hear you there. After 15+ years of posting on various forums, much more elsewhere than here, I've become mainly a reader.

Always felt a need to chime in before but that's faded rapidly over the last two or so years. I just read and kind of shake my head at certain posts and move on, haha.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I hear you there. After 15+ years of posting on various forums, much more elsewhere than here, I've become mainly a reader.

Always felt a need to chime in before but that's faded rapidly over the last two or so years. I just read and kind of shake my head at certain posts and move on, haha.

That may be a good way to go. :)

Nyrfan25

Aug 18, 2006
Saratoga Springs

That is me to a "T" been on a lot of Rangers forums, even the original "official" forum that was on the Rangers web site.
I found that posting seemed to end up with more aggravation that anything else, so i read now.

:)

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That is me to a "T" been on a lot of Rangers forums, even the original "official" forum that was on the Rangers web site.
I found that posting seemed to end up with more aggravation that anything else, so i read now.

:)

I've been more active the past year. I go through periods of inactivity. It really does depend on the people. There are times we tend to have an abundance of more aggressive personalities, and other times when things are a bit more calm.

You're always going to have the people who you'd love to give a good smack in the mouth.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I've been more active the past year. I go through periods of inactivity. It really does depend on the people. There are times we tend to have an abundance of more aggressive personalities, and other times when things are a bit more calm.

You're always going to have the people who you'd love to give a good smack in the mouth.

too bad your 80 year old arms don't work anymore.

;)

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
too bad your 80 year old arms don't work anymore.

;)

Arms are good. The back on the other hand...

Anyway, let's get back to Sean Day.

Big year for him coming up. Needs to work on his footwork. Curious to see how better conditioning helps him in that regard.

Dec 13, 2010
Arms are good. The back on the other hand...

Anyway, let's get back to Sean Day.

Big year for him coming up. Needs to work on his footwork. Curious to see how better conditioning helps him in that regard.

no, he doesn't need to work on his footwork. He needs to work on staying in position/not chasing, reading the play in both ends, using his size to his advantage, and caring about the game.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
no, he doesn't need to work on his footwork. He needs to work on staying in position/not chasing, reading the play in both ends, using his size to his advantage, and caring about the game.

Seems to have got the caring part down if the reports are accurate in that he's dropped more body fat from the combine. I think he was almost at 15% and is now down to between 12% & 13%?

As big a man as he is, it becomes a tougher endeavor the leaner you get.

I would probably shift him to forward and see what that does for him. Skate him on the 4th line and implore him to use his massive frame.

Maybe get a Brian Boyle type of player out of him.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

See now, personally, I saw some footwork issues --- in addition to what you mentioned. I think a lot of what you mentioned either played into some footwork issues (reading) and/or was the result of said challenge (being out of position and chasing).

I think he's a good skater, but he's not necessarily light on his feet. That's not so much of an issue when he has the puck, as his skills allow him to be a pretty slipper fellow. But when he's on defense, there were more than a few instances where his footwork put him in positions where he made it more difficult to adjust the approaching player and left him chasing.

Last edited:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I got absolutely murdered just for imagining a scenario where he doesn't pan out a NHL-caliber defenseman and gets switched to forward to salvage his NHL prospects :laugh:

I'm rooting for the kid, though. He's got a lot of promise.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Brendan Ross ‏@RossyYoungblood
Brendan Ross Retweeted Ryan Kennedy
Sean Day being tried at LW. Not a terrible idea. Kinda played that way in his OHL Draft year...despite being a 'D'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad