Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers(1) vs Pittsburgh Penguins(8) Division Semis Talk (read post 293)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I'm a little concerned with this matchup, Crosby and Malkin are imposing figures no matter what. And I think Pitt is getting a bit underrated. Still Letang is out, and I think our speed will give their defense fits. Gotta move the puck quickly and limit time in the defensive.

danktopshelf

Dec 23, 2014
NYC
I'm a little concerned with this matchup, Crosby and Malkin are imposing figures no matter what. And I think Pitt is getting a bit underrated. Still Letang is out, and I think our speed will give their defense fits. Gotta move the puck quickly and limit time in the defensive.
Crosby is the opposite of imposing. We are getting a team limping into the post season. We need our boys to execute and we got this.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I'm absolutely LOVING the end of this fishstick game, blew it again, and no home ice!! Bwahahaha!!! Loving it.

And I don't mind this draw at all, and no boston. This is our time, this is our year. I believe. LET'S GO RANGERS!!! They will NOT get their revenge on us. Not this year!!

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Crosby and Malkin have had underwhelming seasons and that team has collapsed in big games all year.

If this series goes beyond 5 games, we ****ed up.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Anything can happen in a series, but just don't see how we don't win this in 5 (or maybe even 4).

Pens are banged up badly (look at their starting 6 on defense, sheesh...), our defense and depth can contain Crosby and Malkin, MAF is a playoff choke artist, etc.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Well Crosby is still top in PTS w Tavares do underwhelming not really .

He's a great player. That's why he can have an underwhelming year and still finish top 3 in scoring.

He is usually way ahead of everyone in PPG. Not this year. Ergo, underwhelming.

Sky Valley

Mar 8, 2007
NBNJ
Outside of Crosby and a limping Malkin, the least talented team in the tournament. Go for the throat fast and early.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Pens are decimated with injures and have been in a freefall for a while. We've shown we can shut down top heavy teams. Pens with one at home and that's it.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not sure who the Pens are going to have available on defense. That's a ****ing major major issue--for them. Downie is a penalty taking machine. Bottom 6 depth is not great and a goalie prone to collapse under pressure.

You really never know. The games have to be played one at a time but the Rangers really have no business losing this series--or even taking long to finish them off.

Providence College wins the College Hockey Championship.

*Bob Richards*

This is the most stressed I've ever been about a Rangers playoff team. :laugh:

They have to go all the way.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'm pretty sure Malkin isn't at 100% either. Although he and everyone else will have four days off for any injuries to heal.

We will have our full healthy lineup for the first time in a long time.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
I hope the Rangers can hang with the Pens. I just want a couple wins, would be a success. So much fire power on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad