GDT: New York Rags @ your New Jersey Dovals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They are a cooked group of guys.

Only thing that saves the season is a few new good NHL players via trade or trades.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm sorry but if Poni is out for any period of time... even a week... Lou has to make a move. I know Loktionov is coming back but the team cannot wait at least 2 weeks for Zubrus to come back to then get in a groove.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I honestly don't see any loss if Poni doesn't play. I was excited for his return but he's played so small imho. There's nothing there. To be fair though, he really needs to be on the lower lines, however, DeBoer doesn't have many options at this point.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ya but we are still tied for points up to at least 6th I think, correct me if I am wrong.

That's true, but all those teams have a game in hand on us. Luckily the losercanes lost to the San Antonio Rampage tonight 4-1. If we can't beat that team I don't know what. Then we face the Rampage on Saturday. They'll either put Markstrom the hot air balloon in or Clemmensen. Our team is afraid of Clemmensen during regular season play. And Markstrom makes Bishop and Lindback look like scarecrows with his ridiculous equipment he wears. Then it's Ottawa with big ben beauty rest or Lehner Lundqvist Jr.

If Poni is injured next game then I will criticize Pete if he puts Carter or Gio on the top line. Get Henrique off of center and put him up there. Put Patty up there or we might not even be a one line team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I honestly don't see any loss if Poni doesn't play. I was excited for his return but he's played so small imho. There's nothing there. To be fair though, he really needs to be on the lower lines, however, DeBoer doesn't have many options at this point.

I barely realized Poni was out in the third period, to be honest. Not that it really mattered since he's been the invisible man since his first game back.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Pesonen looks promising but also has Josefson syndrome... looks like he will never put the puck in the net.

Speaking of JJ, I really believe his failure to take the next step this year was a huge blow. The Devils have been really high on this kid and there was no way that they were expecting him to be in Albany at this point of the season.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Problem is apparently they won't even say what is wrong with Poni. Zubs is going to be another week at least, and if Poni is out for any extended time on top of it Lou might need to make a move sooner they he would of liked and overpay. Just to many forwards down to stay afloat.

Another potential problem though, is that from what I'm hearing there aren't really any reasonable deals to be made yet. It seems there are about 29 GM's in the league who think they're gonna make the playoffs. So for now, Lou's choice is either overpay or pick through Florida's garbage.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's true, but all those teams have a game in hand on us. Luckily the losercanes lost to the San Antonio Rampage tonight 4-1. If we can't beat that team I don't know what. Then we face the Rampage on Saturday. They'll either put Markstrom the hot air balloon in or Clemmensen. Our team is afraid of Clemmensen during regular season play. And Markstrom makes Bishop and Lindback look like scarecrows with his ridiculous equipment he wears. Then it's Ottawa with big ben beauty rest or Lehner Lundqvist Jr.

If Poni is injured next game then I will criticize Pete if he puts Carter or Gio on the top line. Get Henrique off of center and put him up there. Put Patty up there or we might not even be a one line team.

Your nicknames for things are the best, though you can do better then losercanes :laugh:

Don't make me post the cavalry picture again!!! One game in hand isn't a big deal consider the teams we are tied with are the Laffs, and this joke of a Rags team. We just need to start winning games...so lets start winning games :laugh:

I get what Pete is doing. He doesn't want to top load the lines and leave an even bigger mess in the bottom 6. And ya Poni hasn't been doing much, but he is still an upgrade over the guys who would play for him so we need him in. I expect more of him when we can consistently play him on the 3rd line over the top line.

Ugh so right, and all of Florida's good garbage is done for the season!!! Why I won't scream about a deal being made. I want one done, but I get there just isn't much out there right now. Same thing with the offseason last year. Getting handcuffed by Zach, plus a thin market after him, plus a lockout left Lou with zero options in the free agent market. Making Semin the highest cap hit on the team was just not a great idea, and I still believe Sykora is done as a NHL player and we would of seen absolutely nothing from like we saw in the 2nd half of last season and the playoffs when he fell off the earth.

It was clear there were expectations that the kids would start taking the next step like Nona said. JJ and Tedy both didn't though which hurt.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Another potential problem though, is that from what I'm hearing there aren't really any reasonable deals to be made yet. It seems there are about 29 GM's in the league who think they're gonna make the playoffs. So for now, Lou's choice is either overpay or pick through Florida's garbage.

It wouldn't surprise me. That's why it really behooved the Devils to alleviate these problems (too many d-men, not enough forwards) in the offseason at some point in the two months between Parise walking and Bettman's third lockout.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me. That's why it really behooved the Devils to alleviate these problems (too many d-men, not enough forwards) in the offseason at some point in the two months between Parise walking and Bettman's third lockout.

20/20 hindsight. Oh well. :shakehead

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
20/20 hindsight. Oh well. :shakehead

Some of us were saying this at the time. Not so much about 29 teams being in the race, at least not until January when it was obvious there was going to be a short season. But the eight d-men's just become more of an issue by the week, and so has the lack of forwards. I and some others pointed out what happened if we lost one forward when people were hemming and hawing about keeping our eight d-men cause god forbid we lost one of those.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Some of us were saying this at the time. Not so much about 29 teams being in the race, at least not until January when it was obvious there was going to be a short season. But the eight d-men's just become more of an issue by the week, and so has the lack of forwards. I and some others pointed out what happened if we lost one forward when people were hemming and hawing about keeping our eight d-men cause god forbid we lost one of those.

While true, doesn't mean there were any deals to be made on the table. I hope it isn't the case by the deal line, but Tally and Volch may just not have enough value to have brought anywhere near enough back at the time, or just no one was interested. We don't really know what the front office was or is doing about it and what tires Lou has kicked.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can't really come up with a better name for the Canes haha. They just got hurricaned by the San Antonio Rampage though so we should walk into that ****hole in Raleigh and be able to embarrass them. Yeah we're depleted, but we don't have as many Albany Devils as they have Rampage players.

I've been told by someone Florida is one of the worst run organizations in the league. Says the Florida Everblades ECHL team was run better. Wouldn't surprise me if they ransom what they have left. They're really the only team that's completely out right now. Though you'd have to think barring a miracle Buffalo, Washington, and TB are done too.

Right here I was one of them. I said we have better defensemen depth in Albany in case they're injured rather than forwards. I also said ONE forward injury that isn't Janssen or Barch would be devastating. Hear me now believe me later. Here we are, and I'm not happy about being right. I'm pretty distraught it got this far.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Can't really come up with a better name for the Canes haha. They just got hurricaned by the San Antonio Rampage though so we should walk into that ****hole in Raleigh and be able to embarrass them. Yeah we're depleted, but we don't have as many Albany Devils as they have Rampage players.

I've been told by someone Florida is one of the worst run organizations in the league. Says the Florida Everblades ECHL team was run better. Wouldn't surprise me if they ransom what they have left. They're really the only team that's completely out right now. Though you'd have to think barring a miracle Buffalo, Washington, and TB are done too.

Problem is they literally have nothing left. :laugh: All the pieces that looked good are done for the year.

Thursday's game is in Carolina? **** I am never confident going into that house of horrors.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And btw I knew this game was fubar'ed when Arlette lost her voice and had to ask the crowd for help with the anthem. Good grief, even she can't escape the IR lol.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Problem is they literally have nothing left. :laugh: All the pieces that looked good are done for the year.

Thursday's game is in Carolina? **** I am never confident going into that house of horrors.

Maybe we won't make Dan ****in Ellis look like Lundqvist. Losing to Lundqvist and Price there is no shame. They're the best in the conference. Losing to Ellis, or Reimer, or POS Scott Clemmensen, or Enroth, YUCK! Not to mention the Jets, and Lightning. It's not so much the goalies there, but the defense is just flat out terrible on both those teams. The Jets is a little better. Tampa Bay's defense looks as bad as ours did when we were rolling OMG, Corrente, and Eckford!:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Only in Lemaire's two god months in 2011 were we able to whip them once there (sandwiched between twice here). And the one game we beat them pretty good to clinch a playoff spot last year with Bobby Boucher in net. Other than that I can't remember any regular season wins there, usually it's us getting hammered. Like Kovy scoring on his own net last year, or Marty getting toasted on New Year's two years ago.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Only in Lemaire's two god months in 2011 were we able to whip them twice there. And the one game we beat them pretty good to clinch a playoff spot last year with Bobby Boucher in net. Other than that I can't remember any regular season wins there, usually it's us getting hammered.

How about Kovy's gift to Cam Ward with the empty net goal? That was one of the worst non blowout games of last season. I think Maclean was in Kovy's head. Now though Kovy has scored in the last 3 games we've played them.

However the 5-0 win there last year was one of the most satisfying wins of last regular season to clinch a playoff spot. We also eliminated those ****ers from playoff contention in 2010 in that building by shutting them out.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Maybe we won't make Dan ****in Ellis look like Lundqvist. Losing to Lundqvist and Price there is no shame. They're the best in the conference. Losing to Ellis, or Reimer, or POS Scott Clemmensen, or Enroth, YUCK! Not to mention the Jets, and Lightning. It's not so much the goalies there, but the defense is just flat out terrible on both those teams. The Jets is a little better. Tampa Bay's defense looks as bad as ours did when we were rolling OMG, Corrente, and Eckford!:laugh:

Lundy locked things down tonight late in the game. We just wouldn't allow any rebounds. We had chances in the third, but he got on his game. We needed to get that third one earlier when he was shaky.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lundy locked things down tonight late in the game. We just wouldn't allow any rebounds. We had chances in the third, but he got on his game. We needed to get that third one earlier when he was shaky.

Like I said no shame in outplaying Lundqvist or Price's team and losing. It's when we make those horrible backups look heroic. Or Reimer or whatever other crap we lose to. I don't care how good he is this year Reimer is one of the worst I've seen in the league the last two years. He was down there with the current Rick Dipietro. And you gotta score more than 2 against Tampa Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad