Rumor: New York Post: Flyers taking run at Max Pacioretty

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
The Flyers brass will not move Morin. Even though MTL would inquire about that deal.

Viller

Mar 24, 2007
Id be willing to let a lot go for Pacioretty at 4.5mill for 4-5 years. Morin is not going anywhere though.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Id be willing to let a lot go for Pacioretty at 4.5mill for 4-5 years. Morin is not going anywhere though.

That's like the Habs fan who wanted L. Schenn and B. Schenn but wouldn't part with Tinordi. :laugh:

Most Montreal fans seem to think that MaxPac should return Simmonds + B. Schenn / S. Couturier. I think that would probably end the discussion right there--I can't imagine any Flyers fan will be eager to see that deal take place.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
The over-valuing of him by Habs fans on the main board is getting ridiculous. They aren't living in reality. Simmer + BSchenn is a big overpayment the Flyers would never do, and they think it's not enough.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
If Hartnell+Mez were heading to the Habs for MaxPac I'd be more than ok with that, BUT anything other than that no thank you

HabsGifs

Follow me on twitter! @HabsGifs
Jan 29, 2009
I come in peace ;)

Just thought I would see your thoughts on this rumor. To be honest, no idea why the Habs would deal him unless there is some internal issue.

That being said, I honestly don't see the Habs moving him for prospects. My guess is the guys that they will be interested in:
Simmonds
Couturier
B.Schenn
Hartnell

Not sure how the deal is structured, but if it ever happened it would likely include some combination of those players. Depending on who is included the Habs would obviously have to expand the deal if necessary.

Question: What do you guys think of Josh Gorges? I thought he might be a good fit with you.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Flyers brass will not move Morin. Even though MTL would inquire about that deal.

Don't forget the giant woody Paul Holmgren had for Luca Sbisa. No one here is untouchable.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'd be interested, but it will likely be an overpayment, so you have to be ready for that. He'd be an upgrade but I think you can kiss a couple draft picks, prospects, and maybe a Schenn good-bye.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I wouldn't mind moving morin if they threw in Beaulieu. Something like the Schenns + Morin + 2nd rd pick for Pacioretty + Beaulieu.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I bet we all would be underwhelmed with the return if Maxpac is moved. We all over value our guys big time. He won't get more than Ryan got the ducks. Regardless of contract

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Here is where having junk at the AHL level is killing the Flyers. The could make a large move and trade two roster forwards but that would put them in a precarious situation the rest of the year. The Pronger trade plus all the 2nd and 3rd picks moved for ill begotten cup runs are hurting this team bad int he present.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Here is where having junk at the AHL level is killing the Flyers. The could make a large move and trade two roster forwards but that would put them in a precarious situation the rest of the year. The Pronger trade plus all the 2nd and 3rd picks moved for ill begotten cup runs are hurting this team bad int he present.

The ahl team is in the best shape in years. Its not great but improving big time. Two years ago was nothing but junk, but now they have some solid pieces down there. Not saying NHL stars but they have talent now that will eventually make the NHL in one way or another.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I bet we all would be underwhelmed with the return if Maxpac is moved. We all over value our guys big time. He won't get more than Ryan got the ducks. Regardless of contract

I think people look at where the Sens are currently sitting in the standings as if both teams expected the first rounder to be that high.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
The ahl team is in the best shape in years. Its not great but improving big time. Two years ago was nothing but junk, but now they have some solid pieces down there. Not saying NHL stars but they have talent now that will eventually make the NHL in one way or another.

I like your optimism but top 6 forwards dominate the AHL at about or close to a point per game pace. The only forward on the roster that is close is Akeson and he is a Ryan Potulny clone. The phantoms as a team are one of the lowest scoring in the entire league with Bordson, vandevelde, and Newbury the next three leading scorers after Akeson. I have hope for Straka and Cousins as they are only at about 25 games into their professional careers but the early returns aren't good. Hopefully I am wrong but statistically the forward crop on the phantoms does look to have any top 6 forwards on it.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
I like your optimism but top 6 forwards dominate the AHL at about or close to a point per game pace. The only forward on the roster that is close is Akeson and he is a Ryan Potulny clone. The phantoms as a team are one of the lowest scoring in the entire league with Bordson, vandevelde, and Newbury the next three leading scorers after Akeson. I have hope for Straka and Cousins as they are only at about 25 games into their professional careers but the early returns aren't good. Hopefully I am wrong but statistically the forward crop on the phantoms does look to have any top 6 forwards on it.

Honestly, I think most people in the organization see Cousins as a 3rd or 4th liner. Having said that, I think they're mostly working on his defensive game, and it's still too early to tell, so who knows what kind of player he'll turn out to be.

As far as Pacioretty goes, yeah, it would be a nice piece for us to have, but I don't really see the point if we have to blow up our team as it is, or lose any defensive prospects. And I know MTL likes Morin...

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
god i hope they dont trade morin-i miss having a bid dman with a mean streak.mtl wants him bad,so obviously good prospect.ill be pissed if we lose him.JUST SAY NO homer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad