New to HFBoards

GlobalThreat

Oct 12, 2017
Hey all. New to Hfboards. Finally decided to join, after years of checking out the message boards. Anyway, I tried to join to join "Calgary Puck", and sent my application, but it was rejected because I didn't want to give out my personal info out. It was strange. They wanted my LinkedIn, name, company email , in order to verify my account. It was strange. I asked them why they needed it, and they didn't respond. Really strange. Anyway, glad I signed up here, I'm a huge Flames fan, the new layout for this site is awesome. GO FLAMES GO!!!

Reactions: Mitts

GlobalThreat

Oct 12, 2017
Welcome. I'm new myself. Used to be on CalgaryPuck, but nowhere else will you find such a twisted hive of scum and villainy

Thanks!! Glad to be here. I know they get more traffic on their boards, but it was bizarre, how they wanted to "Verify" you. It was like "1984" big brother weirdness. I agree with your comment. It seems like if you don't tow the liberal hive mentality, you're banished off that site. I saw that many of times, and I was on the outside looking in. Totally political. Anyway, hope I posted this in the right location. Cheers all!!!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I was going to move this thread to OT, but when you bashed CP I felt like that alone justified to leave this.

Welcome newbies. As policy for all new posters, you need to go through and like each of the mods posts over the last month and you will not be infracted for anything for a period of 60 minutes.

Please do not do anything to make us infract you.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Welcome aboard! We're one of the smallest fanbases on hfboards, (mainly because of CP), but it's a close group. Don't have any different opinions from us and you'll be fine :P

Yes. We always agree with everything everyone else on this board posts :popcorn:

Reactions: FerklundCGY

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Thanks!! Glad to be here. I know they get more traffic on their boards, but it was bizarre, how they wanted to "Verify" you. It was like "1984" big brother weirdness. I agree with your comment. It seems like if you don't tow the liberal hive mentality, you're banished off that site. I saw that many of times, and I was on the outside looking in. Totally political. Anyway, hope I posted this in the right location. Cheers all!!!

I actually favour authority if done properly. Hfboards especially HfFlames has some of the best authority figures out there, fantastic people that actually connect with the commoners haha. Calgary Puck is like the China and Soviet Union of hockey, don't go there it's cancerous lol.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I actually favour authority if done properly. Hfboards especially HfFlames has some of the best authority figures out there, fantastic people that actually connect with the commoners haha. Calgary Puck is like the China and Soviet Union of hockey, don't go there it's cancerous lol.

Quiet you commoner. Get back in line and don’t fall out again.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Welcome!
Enjoy your stay! Don’t let the first few times of you stating your opinion and someone telling you you’re a moron dissuade you from continuing to post (seriously, don’t get scared off; healthy debate is always welcome).

This Flames board is fairly anemic; and you’ll find that we get the least or one of the least amounts of respect on the entire forum (hard when your rival up north has like 2-3 times as many posters and will jump in on all Flanes related discussions to remind you how bad we are).

My only suggestion is try to post with some class. If it’s something you wouldn’t say to someone at a bar over sports, don’t say it here or it’ll degenerate quickly (much like some dude pounding your face in for calling him an idiot for having a different opinion on hockey). Also, avoid certain topic like a mine field; or be ready to lose a couple limbs :laugh:

Those topics may or may not include:
Prospects
Ferland
Veterans
Our 1C
Brouwer
Kulak
The weather
Dinosaurs
Bananas

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
CP isn't bad, but there's a lot of rampant unchecked homerism there. I only go there to lurk when this board is slow and I'm jonesing to hear someone talk about how they wouldn't trade Bennett for five firsts and Crosby

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I view the FOI forum on CP like an Irish bar on Connor McGregor fight night. You're dealing with a ton of drunk individuals bonding over beer and fighting at a bar. You may find a semi sober person or two in a corner worth chatting with, but in general, don't piss off the drunk patrons unless you're willing to get into a fight.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I view the FOI forum on CP like an Irish bar on Connor McGregor fight night. You're dealing with a ton of drunk individuals bonding over beer and fighting at a bar. You may find a semi sober person or two in a corner worth chatting with, but in general, don't piss off the drunk patrons unless you're willing to get into a fight.
I'm down if you are :naughty:

GlobalThreat

Oct 12, 2017
Welcome aboard! We're one of the smallest fanbases on hfboards, (mainly because of CP), but it's a close group. Don't have any different opinions from us and you'll be fine :P

I think it has a lot to do with Calgary Puck being a Flames only message board. At least here, you can go onto the main and discuss things with other fans, for other teams. Or jump into a another teams message board to piss on their parade. :)

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
I think it has a lot to do with Calgary Puck being a Flames only message board. At least here, you can go onto the main and discuss things with other fans, for other teams. Or jump into a another teams message board to piss on their parade. :)
Haha, well not so much, just a fyi, you will get Infraction points or a temp ban if go trolling other boards. But you can talk smack about them here if you feel the need.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Haha, well not so much, just a fyi, you will get Infraction points or a temp ban if go trolling other boards. But you can talk smack about them here if you feel the need.
To clarify, you can shit-talk the teams. You can't ever mock or insult other members of the boards. Even in general terms.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00