Speculation: New Teams for Doan and/or Elias

HC Jets

Jan 11, 2015
I was wondering what the possibilities of Elias or Doan going to new teams rather than retiring if their teams don't re-sign them. If so what teams would they be a fit for.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Doan will stay with Yotes... if they don't resign him, he will retire and most likely get a job within organization. If he signs elsewhere, ill deactivate my account on here hahah

The team and youth need Doan... he is a perfect mentor for the kids.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
AZ beat writer said around the start of UFA that Doan 'wasn't going anywhere' but there's been nothing much since.

I'm sure Elias will try to give it one more go, but this new Devils regime seems to care less about loyalty to the past compared to Lou. It would be a shame to seem him in another jersey, I don't think making that kind of big move is worth it to him. He'd sooner just retire.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
As much of a logjam as there is up front for Toronto, it would be kind of cool to get Doan to to play with Matthews and Nylander on a 3rd line line as Matthews breaks into the league.

BUT - I don't see Doan leaving Arizona, certainly not for a team like Toronto.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
AZ beat writer said around the start of UFA that Doan 'wasn't going anywhere' but there's been nothing much since.

I'm sure Elias will try to give it one more go, but this new Devils regime seems to care less about loyalty to the past compared to Lou. It would be a shame to seem him in another jersey, I don't think making that kind of big move is worth it to him. He'd sooner just retire.

Don't know where this notion comes from but it's not really true at all.

Only thing I found on elias in the past week

Elias had lingering knee issues that sidelined him for most of last year. He returned for the final few games, but regardless, he needed surgery at the end of the season whether he was going to continue playing or not.

It's a bit of a waiting game now and it seems like Elias won't know if he is ready to play until August/September. Shero and Elias are going to cross that bridge when it comes. Shero has not explicitly said so, but it seems that if Elias feels he is ready to go another year, Shero is willing to keep him around. Even if he doesn't play, Shero has indicated that he wants to keep him around in some capacity as Elias was heavily involved in the team last year through all his injuries. He regularly sat in on team meetings and was around the team often.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I feel like Elias has to be one of the most under appreciated players in the game. He's had such a solid career.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
As much of a logjam as there is up front for Toronto, it would be kind of cool to get Doan to to play with Matthews and Nylander on a 3rd line line as Matthews breaks into the league.

BUT - I don't see Doan leaving Arizona, certainly not for a team like Toronto.

Its why I'm not a huge fan of his, its his typical non-Torontonian hate of the city.

Elias to me is pure class, but in both these players situations, they should eventually be pushed out by the youth.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
A few years ago it was rumored that a team (Buffalo probably) offered him a 5 year 30 million dollars to leave Phoenix. Doan stayed in Arizona. He sure as hell isn't leaving them now.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
A few years ago it was rumored that a team (Buffalo probably) offered him a 5 year 30 million dollars to leave Phoenix. Doan stayed in Arizona. He sure as hell isn't leaving them now.

Pretty sure it was the nucks

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
If Elias can play, I expect a one year deal to mentor Zacha and some of the other young guys.

Basically NJD or retirement. I can't see another team wanting to sign him given the severity of his injuries in recent years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad