GDT: New Players for New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Back to low effort GDT and in my defence this was the PGT so don’t @ me…..;)

3-17 on NYE games. They party before the puck drops!

The nice thing about this version of the Oilers is you can miss the first 10 minutes and know it will be 2-0 Them so no rush to get to the TV!

Let’s Go Oilers rah rah rah rah.
All I got.

Last edited:

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
What I want

Foegele - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Benson/Perlini - Draisaitl - Hyman
McLeod - RNH - Yamamoto
Perlini/Benson - Ryan - Sceviour

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Smith

What I expect

Hyman - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Foegele - McLeod - Sceviour
Shore - Ryan - Turris

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard

Smith

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
What I want

McLeod - RNH - Yamamoto

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Smith

What I expect

Shore - Ryan - Turris

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard

Smith

Don’t forget, even that “what I expect” will end up being McDrai + Pulju being double shifted after going down 2-0 again.

Losing to the Devils should be enough for the remaining idiots in media to start questioning Tippett, no?

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Louie thinks that the physical presence of Nurse, Pulju and Kassian made a big difference last night. Sure, but I don’t think they would have won the game with those three injected into the same scenario. Maybe they luck into getting a point

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
What I want

McLeod - RNH - Yamamoto

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Smith

What I expect

Shore - Ryan - Turris

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard

Smith

What I want

McLoed - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Foegele - Draisaitl - Perlini (holding Kassians spot)
Hyman - RNH - Yamamoto
Benson - Ryan - Sceviour

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Lagesson - Barrie

Smith

Turris into the sun.

McLoed has the boots to play with McDavid and is a smart player. He’s certainly not a first line winger but I’m curious at what 1 game might bring.

This lineup brings some of the “balance” Tippet always talks about wanting but never has. Two effective pairs per line each with a complimentary winger and checkers on line 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Don’t forget, even that “what I expect” will end up being McDrai + Pulju being double shifted after going down 2-0 again.

Losing to the Devils should be enough for the remaining idiots in media to start questioning Tippett, no?

It might be time for the Oilers to realize that the best value for Yams is as a penalty killer--where I think he does quite well. He's not a top 6 guy.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
What I want

McLeod - RNH - Yamamoto

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Smith

What I expect

Shore - Ryan - Turris

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard

Smith
What I want

a win

what I expect

a loss.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Nice to see the reinforcements but still expecting a loss under this dumbass coach.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
It might be time for the Oilers to realize that the best value for Yams is as a penalty killer--where I think he does quite well. He's not a top 6 guy.

He should be stapled to the 3rd line from here on out unless he really takes off

Reactions: McDrai

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
If he takes off on line 3 that means he’s found his place.

That’s true, I just wonder if he’d be humble enough to accept it. Seems like a lot of top 9 players that are more suited to the lower portion of that top 9 get traded before they really realize it

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
What I want

McLeod - RNH - Yamamoto

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Smith

What I expect

Shore - Ryan - Turris

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard

Smith

Honestly I prefer what you expect to what you want. Foegele was invisible last night, and I've often said I prefer Nuge in the top-6. I'd prefer Perlini and Benson in place of Shore and Turris though.

Reactions: tardigrade81

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
What I want

Hyman - RNH - Yamamoto
Benson - Ryan - Sceviour

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Lagesson - Barrie

Smith

Turris into the sun.

McLoed has the boots to play with McDavid and is a smart player. He’s certainly not a first line winger but I’m curious at what 1 game might bring.

This lineup brings some of the “balance” Tippet always talks about wanting but never has. Two effective pairs per line each with a complimentary winger and checkers on line 4.
Yah I don't know, McLeod seems like he goes out of his not to shoot the puck at times. I like the wheels but the kid has hardly established himself as a finisher. Although I'd do it for a game just to see, JP likes to cash and if he had two guys feeding him the puck then who knows?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yah I don't know, McLeod seems like he goes out of his not to shoot the puck at times. I like the wheels but the kid has hardly established himself as a finisher. Although I'd do it for a game just to see, JP likes to cash and if he had two guys feeding him the puck then who knows?

Like I said he’s merely complimentary as your playing set pairs and that pair is 97-13. He can keep up so that fits as being complimentary.

That’s my logic and I’m sticking to it. :nod:

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
He should be stapled to the 3rd line from here on out unless he really takes off

I doubt he takes off but I hope I'm wrong.

If he found a role as a full time penalty killer and a 3rd line guy who could chip in the odd goal then that's a pretty good hockey life. That would instantly add a little bit of talent to the bottom 6 and hopefully one of the prospects steps in next season to take his place in the top 6. I can't see too many options for the club this year in terms of players.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Louie thinks that the physical presence of Nurse, Pulju and Kassian made a big difference last night. Sure, but I don’t think they would have won the game with those three injected into the same scenario. Maybe they luck into getting a point

Well, they are very likely not down 2-0 early in the game due to rookie dmen making egregious mistakes. Who knows how the rest of the game goes then really. I get that they clawed back into the game, but that 2-0, and the resulting benching, affected the game tremendously.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Well, they are very likely not down 2-0 early in the game due to rookie dmen making egregious mistakes. Who knows how the rest of the game goes then really. I get that they clawed back into the game, but that 2-0, and the resulting benching, affected the game tremendously.

Could have just as easily played Sammy with a vet partner.

Keith - Bouchard
Samorukov - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie (yikes at this pairing but limited minutes and offensive zone starts could have been fine)

Why wasn’t that considered? It’s easy for a coach with no answers to blame a rookie

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What I want

Hyman - RNH - Yamamoto
Benson - Ryan - Sceviour

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Lagesson - Barrie

Smith

Turris into the sun.

I really would like McLeod to be more aggressive and use his speed and size to an advantage. There was a play last night where he got a step on the dman and instead of using a power move to the net (which would have had him barreling down on the goalie and at worst, maybe causing a penalty to be called on the defenceman), he took the road travelled too many times, and stayed outside, lifting a harmless backhand at Bennington. Very frustrating watching that, because if he ever gets stuff like that figured out, his game (and production) should go up leaps and bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad