New Nike Commercial: Naslund vs Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone seen this commercial yet? I just saw it on the Score I believe. It's pretty damn sweet especially cuz I haven't seen a hockey commercial in a LONG LONG time.

Anyhow, I won't spoil it for you guys but all I have to say is that Nazzy definitely has better aim than they give him credit for in the commercial. ;)

hockeynut11

Jun 16, 2005
This may be good news. Nazzy probably will be back with Vancouver. I don't think he would do a commercial with a Vancouver jersey on, and then leave the team.

Although, may be I'm grasping at straws. However, I still think Naslund will be back with Vancouver come the fall playing alongside Bertuzzi.

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
This commercial wasn't as good as the one with Ilya and Naslund chasing a puck all over the town. I do like the choice of Iginla to be part of Nike's campaign though.

X0ssbar

Its a cryin shame they don't show commercials like these in the US. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Crows*

I think NIke was just waiting for this deal to be announced so they could start their pre season advertising.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Crows said:
I think NIke was just waiting for this deal to be announced so they could start their pre season advertising.

I'm not sure of that. They actually had this campaign planned for months, and were planning on releasing it on the 14th. Perhaps they were tipped off that the deal would be signed on the 13th, since, "wait until July 14th" was on their nikehockey.ca site for some time.

Lanny MacDonald*

WTF are you guys talking about? That wasn't Jarome Iginla and Markus Naslund, that was Tie Domi and Wade Belak! Don't you people know that you can only get sponsorship deals in Toronto and other big markets! :sarcasm:

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
ryanlambert said:
that's pretty crazy considering it's a NIKE commercial :shakehead
First of all, I was replying to the guy's post above mine. Second of all, the last Nike commercial Naslund was in he was wearing a Canucks jersey, just as Ilya Kovalchuk was wearing a Thrashers jersey.

hockeynut11

Jun 16, 2005
Oh I didn't realize he wasn't wearing a Canucks jersey. I just assumed it was similar to the last Nike commercial. I loved that one!

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Pavel said:
This commercial wasn't as good as the one with Ilya and Naslund chasing a puck all over the town. I do like the choice of Iginla to be part of Nike's campaign though.

Nothing could ever beat that.

Cwood2

Feb 6, 2004
I can't believe Nike is introducing a line of :45 apparel aimed at offseason hockey training. Here's what's better: it's cool stuff!

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
the nhl really needs to somehow get rbk and nike to push hockey in the US. media saturation is the best way to popularize something in mainstream culture, especially if you've got big corporations behind it.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
If someone could post a link to the commercial that would be great for us U.S. fans. :)

(god forbid they show a HOCKEY/NHL commerical in the States! :eek: )

Chilly Willy*

corbanSOG said:
the nhl really needs to somehow get rbk and nike to push hockey in the US. media saturation is the best way to popularize something in mainstream culture, especially if you've got big corporations behind it.

Won't work. Hockey will always be huge in Canada and the US will always show scrabble championships over great moments in hockey.

Thats just how it is, Baseball will never be big in Canada like it is in the States, same goes for basketball and every other sport other than Hockey.

Nike and Reebok can try as hard as they can.

Hell Fila, Adidas, Puma, Nike, Reebok, Burberry, SeanJohn, Phat Pharm, Roca Wear they all can try to get into it and it still won't be big, the clothing might sell like fire but the sport just won't take off.

The lockout has done it's damage in the states, the diehard fans will come back though, the States has diehard fans like we do in canada, thats for sure.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
anyone remember the "out of work goalies" commercials? those were great.

"i don't like swedish people, they remind me of mats sundin"

classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad