Confirmed with Link: New MTS Centre Announcer? (MOD: Dave Wheeler leaving)

StaticPrevails

Oct 6, 2011
Edmonton
How about Terri Apostle from CTV Morning? I've had the hots for her for years. :blush:

image.jpg

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Am I the only one wondering if wheelers departure has to do with the recent survey tnse sent out to season ticket holders and their response was less than favourable towards him?

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
I hope they change up the in arena music too. Their selection does nothing to excite the crowd.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Late to chime in, but glad he's gone. His competitions are boring and kill the atmosphere.... Ad I've only been to 7 games and I already know how far every NHL team is from Winnipeg and who Kane's favorite player was and what the difference in the subway rink is :p:

I heard him yelling something to try and excite the arena on tv and everyone just sat in silence. It's clear he needed to step down.

What about Stacy Natress? ;)

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
I'm wondering if the decision to get rid of Wheeler was based on the ST holder survey that TNSE sent out. I'm pretty sure there were some questions that were related to his job.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Late to chime in, but glad he's gone. His competitions are boring and kill the atmosphere.... Ad I've only been to 7 games and I already know how far every NHL team is from Winnipeg and who Kane's favorite player was and what the difference in the subway rink is :p:

I heard him yelling something to try and excite the arena on tv and everyone just sat in silence. It's clear he needed to step down.

What about Stacy Natress? ;)

You are aware he doesn't make up the contests right? Sponsors pay for those and they will not change just because Wheeler is leaving.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
You are aware he doesn't make up the contests right? Sponsors pay for those and they will not change just because Wheeler is leaving.

Hold on a second.

It's not like the sponsors come up with the contests for TNSE. There is some sort of "promotions department" at TNSE, and they make up the contests for salespeople to sell to sponsors, among other things.

The sponsors only care about their name getting mentioned and getting winners to spend more money in their establishment (who only spends $50 at Moxies?). They have nothing to do with how ****** the contests are.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Wheeler is a part of that promotions team, seeing as he's the one running them in game. Fact is, it's far more likely than the contrary. And the fact that the guy is completely spread thin with a family and two jobs, I'm not surprised at all the the in-game contests are half-assed.

Hire someone with some creativity and imagination on top of their personality, be their only employer, and watch things get much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad